1/6 DARK TOYS DTM005 Collectible Figure MAX DX

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Seriously, Matrix, I can't get over the detailing you did -- and got absolutely right! I admire your OCD. The brass "bolt" atop the leg brace, hanging the wrench from the strap loop, the new holster, everything it dead on. Bravo!!!

OK, so now I'm going to help (or pain) your OCD just a little. Two suggestions:

1) The silver shoulder-strap buckle is also gold/brass... and only one end of it shows on the belt

2) Around the ankle of his right boot, the top strap is also brown

:)

Perfect is as perfect does...
Thankfully i don't have chronic OCD...YET!:giggle: It's the main eye sores that bug me, somethings i can live with.

I'd still like to pick up the pleather boots from the PRESENT TOYS version, and maybe the knee guard. I wouldn't mind some better hands as well.

I have a set of gloved hands on the way, but they'll need a little work to look accurate.

The ones with the figure are ok, but they don't grip the gun very well.

DSC_0139.JPGDSC_0137.JPGDSC_0141.JPG

Looks great!

I'm having the same dilemma, choosing between his two looks. I love the one-eyed head and will definitely be using it, but at the same time I prefer the un-bandage look (mostly because I prefer the knee pad to the bandaged knee).

Still haven't decided which holster to make -- the long, low holster, the short, studded holster... or some sort of mixed version of the two (meaning just a reworked Dark Toys holster).

Choices, choices...

I got the Premier Toys Max when it came out but like many, the peanut head ruined it for me. So I grabbed the two Dark Toys head, like some, torn between the two looks. So for now, I’ll go for a “best of both worlds” version with the beat up head and the dog, since he was already dead in the last third of the movie. The big Dark Toys head is perfectly proportioned with the Premier Toys body, though making Max taller in scale than Mel Gibson.

Great looking figure, DeathAsylum!

superado, I've got the same setup. I'm really liking the proportions of the Dark Toys head on the Premier Toys body. I have a replacement body ready to go and waiting for one last bit of loose gear in order to dive into the figure updates. I was tempted to pick up a second Premier Toys figure, just in case I somehow mess up the outfit but strangely enough, it is hard to find at a reasonable price, if at all.

Definitely think I might get some boots from Mr.E if he still makes them. I can get the leg brace replaced also and that should be it.

Yeah F it!!! Gonna make another for both looks 😆 Thanks to those that like my Max. Still trying to get back into the groove of things around here after my 4 year absence. I still have to tackle the Premier Wez too, along with about ten other figures I need to work on 😂

Last edited:
I will take a middle road: as I don´t like exposed joint, I will go arm-bandage. But I like the DT Knee pad, so I will keep it in plain view. So I can go for one or the other headsculpt as well.

Was thinking of having a new outfit run done but with Siberian Customs. Once my Raiders run is done of course. Outfit would be real leather weathered and might include belt/ harness and leg brace maybe even boots as they make all that plus they work with Dimitri who already made the RW leg brace. Who would be interested?

So whats the consensus on the best mix and match options between all these companies?

So whats the consensus on the best mix and match options between all these companies?

Right out of the box, I think the Dark Toys figure is probably the best of the three, with the Premier Toys version coming a close second. I only say that because I have the Premier Toys figure and had to immediately swap out the head sculpt with the Dark Toys version(s). That alone elevated the figure tremendously.

I have also picked up several of the Dark Toys parts to swap out. I plan to start this bash over the weekend. Once done, I'll provide a grocery list of parts.

EDIT: The Present Toys thread has disappeared a page or more back so I'm not sure how good that one is.

Right out of the box, I think the Dark Toys figure is probably the best of the three, with the Premier Toys version coming a close second. I only say that because I have the Premier Toys figure and had to immediately swap out the head sculpt with the Dark Toys version(s). That alone elevated the figure tremendously.

I have also picked up several of the Dark Toys parts to swap out. I plan to start this bash over the weekend. Once done, I'll provide a grocery list of parts.

EDIT: The Present Toys thread has disappeared a page or more back so I'm not sure how good that one is.
Which one claims to use real leather? Which set has the best doggo?

Back