1/6 DARK TOYS DTM005 Collectible Figure MAX DX

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Outstanding work there matrix69! Please can I ask what you used to weather the outfit? Was it drybrushed acrylic paint?

You guys are taking your Max figures to the next level. Incredible work going on in these posts.
Yes drybrushing, using a few different shades of matt brown acrylic paint.

Matrix69 magnificent work on the weathering on the clothing and detailing of the head.

I chose to repaint both heads because I really did not like the base greenish/yellow zombie color that Dark Toys gave to their Max HS
I'm not a fan of the yellowy face colour either, but i'd like to think that it's from all the sand and dust from the outback:giggle:

He actually has two different holsters in the movie -- the one in the opening scene is a completely different holster -- longer, hangs lower, stays open and has no rivets. Not sure why they made a different one for the beginning, maybe because he had to continually draw and holster his shotgun. The smaller version you're making is nearly impossible for Mel to holster his weapon throughout the movie, but it looks better and is the one all cosplayers build.
That makes sense alright. Or maybe Gibson found that the bigger, more rigid holster was uncomfortable, especially with all the action scenes, hence they replaced it with a smaller softer version.

I made a start on the holster. I'm using a piece of leather from an old wallet

DSC_0244.JPGDSC_0247.JPGDSC_0248.JPG

Great stuff happening in this thread 👍 I just signed back in to share my paint touch up on the reg head sculpt and was happy to see these latest updates by Matrix and others :clap keep up the excellent work freaks!

Attachments

• IMG_2606.jpeg
    IMG_2606.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_2608.jpeg
    IMG_2608.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_2607.jpeg
    IMG_2607.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 0
That sleeve stitching is exactly what I plan to do too! Is that about 1/8th inch stitch?

Great job on the holster -- looks damn real. Nice touch with the brown lower belt.

Excellent work on the holster and in particular, that jacket sleeve. It looks perfect.

I'm currently using the Premier Toys outfit but will try to replicate that great weathering on it.

I also have both versions and plan to intertwine both. Oddly as it sounds, I very much prefer the Dark Toys Jacket, it seems more screen accurate, specially in the zipper department.The wide of the sleeve can be relatively fixed with the zipper closed.

Wow, Matrix, that Max is stupendous! I can't wait to start on mine. Inspired!

I can't believe it took all these years to get a good Max starter... and my work is piling up; I still have Wez to do as well. I can't find feathers anywhere.

Seriously, Matrix, I can't get over the detailing you did -- and got absolutely right! I admire your OCD. The brass "bolt" atop the leg brace, hanging the wrench from the strap loop, the new holster, everything it dead on. Bravo!!!

OK, so now I'm going to help (or pain) your OCD just a little. Two suggestions:

1) The silver shoulder-strap buckle is also gold/brass... and only one end of it shows on the belt

2) Around the ankle of his right boot, the top strap is also brown

:)

Perfect is as perfect does...

Back