1/6 DARK TOYS DTM005 Collectible Figure MAX DX

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A bit of weathering and small adjustments and you're golden! (y)
Thanks for sharing!

I was sooo eager for this figure but ever since I got it here I barely had the time and/or muse to really start working on it... All I did so far was making that left sleeve a bit tighter and painting those corpse pale hands that Dark Toys blessed us with...

A bit of weathering and small adjustments and you're golden! (y)
Thanks for sharing!

I was sooo eager for this figure but ever since I got it here I barely had the time and/or muse to really start working on it... All I did so far was making that left sleeve a bit tighter and painting those corpse pale hands that Dark Toys blessed us with...
hands are easy. some color pencil and tamiya weathering powder do the job. sealing it with a rubber compatible top coat on the other hand...

So far, I gave the jacket and trousers a coat of leather paint to add a protective layer. I also swapped out the Sam Browne Belt and strap with a more detailed one (also dyed black). I wasn't able to pick up the DT holster for the shotgun so I might make one from scratch, we'll see.

So far, I gave the jacket and trousers a coat of leather paint to add a protective layer. I also swapped out the Sam Browne Belt and strap with a more detailed one (also dyed black). I wasn't able to pick up the DT holster for the shotgun so I might make one from scratch, we'll see.
4 coat or finisher? i noticed angelus 4 coat flat is really flat, very different from finisher matte

I mix Angelus flat and gloss, as well as a finishing coat of their clear. Their duller is really dull, and you have to use it sparingly.

Good tips on the Angelus 4 coat flat, Thanks, I will buy this. Been using that Citadel Lahmian medium and that is really flat but it is NOT really a sealer/varnish and has to be used through the airbrush. Good to mix with any acrylics though.

Last edited:
I mix Angelus flat and gloss, as well as a finishing coat of their clear. Their duller is really dull, and you have to use it sparingly.
if you use a finishing coat dont think you need to mix the 4 coat as the finisher will change the shine. unless it suffers from wear and rear where the finisher scratches off.

did you apply any thinners on 4 coat as i find them dry pretty quick to work on if you mix them i assume they dry even faster.

Hi everyone, I want to share the redesign of my Mad Max from Dark Toys . I completely repainted one of the head sculpt, replaced the body, boots and added some weathering on the clothes. This is not the final version yet. I'm still in the process. Interested to hear what you guys think. I'm just learning how to paint so don't be hard on me.
Best regards,
Denys

Attachments

• 9.jpeg
    9.jpeg
    2.6 MB · Views: 0
  • 14.jpeg
    14.jpeg
    3 MB · Views: 0
  • 13.jpeg
    13.jpeg
    2.9 MB · Views: 0
  • 11.jpeg
    11.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 0
Looks terrible, try again. :lol

Only joking, great work man. :clapIve always wanted the ability to paint sculpts up really good but I'm not very good in all honesty. :gah:

Looks terrible, try again. :lol

Only joking, great work man. :clapIve always wanted the ability to paint sculpts up really good but I'm not very good in all honesty. :gah:
Ahahh, thanks. I've been wanting to try it for a long time too and here it is - I did. I can paint, but I've never painted a sculpt before. This is my second sculpt. I will try and share my progress with you from time to time.

Back