1/6 customizing supplies & bits

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Figured I throw this in here. Plumber's Epoxy. At least that's what they used to call it. You can get it in the superglue section of just about whatever store. Its a simply two-part clay that mix and it hardens in about five minutes.

It works great for quick fixes and adhereing parts for example when you modify a body to house a part from another figure/company. You can sand and paint after it cures, and takes glue really well unlike apoxie sculpt. I believe they sell it as one of those "as seen on tv" things too although it's green instead of blue (cures white). Not a bad item to have around the house in general really. Scarily enough I used to sculpt with the stuff when I was collecting DCD figures like eight years ago.

251-6715Epoxy-PuttyStick431348.jpg

Johnny, per my email, I bought all of mine at Joann's Fabrics locally. I think you can find it easily by searching for "grosgrain ribbon". That's what they're called at the Joann's store I bought them from. I find that 1/4 inch is good for belts and 1/8 is good for little straps and things. I know they have other sizes, but those are the two I find that are perfect for things like military vests and gear.

Johnny, per my email, I bought all of mine at Joann's Fabrics locally. I think you can find it easily by searching for "grosgrain ribbon". That's what they're called at the Joann's store I bought them from. I find that 1/4 inch is good for belts and 1/8 is good for little straps and things. I know they have other sizes, but those are the two I find that are perfect for things like military vests and gear.

Seached grosgrain ribbon... SUCCESS!. I think the name of the ribbon is what I needed, haha. Thanks John!!! :1-1::1-1::1-1:

Sorry if this has been answered already but I recently bought a trench coat for a custom I am building and would like to close the trench coat but it came with no buttons to close it...you guys know where I can order those tiny closer buttons ( I don't even know the proper name for them) that are sometimes put on 1/6 shirts that I can possibly add to the trench to close it?

Thanks in advance!

Sorry if this has been answered already but I recently bought a trench coat for a custom I am building and would like to close the trench coat but it came with no buttons to close it...you guys know where I can order those tiny closer buttons ( I don't even know the proper name for them) that are sometimes put on 1/6 shirts that I can possibly add to the trench to close it?

Thanks in advance!

Hey Pajji,

Are you talking about he silver or black snaps? Maybe a pic, and I'll be able to help you.

Ski

Hey Pajji,

Are you talking about he silver or black snaps? Maybe a pic, and I'll be able to help you.

Ski

Hey Ski! Thanks for the help!....what I'm talking about is very small...usually used to close 1/6 vests, or sometimes 1/6 button shirts when Velcro isn't used...usually circular, small, and the male end has a peg in the center...hope that makes sense..here is a pic of one that I have on a leather jacket strap by th neck area...was tough getting a pic of such a small thing

32EB8B5F-C4C9-4C20-88A6-30B43E0F38C4-14729-000007EC48F57384.jpg

FB4C661B-E80D-474D-8F10-68016A57E872-14729-000007EC49DB41D6.jpg

Oh yeah, it's a snap button or something like that, I've been trying to find something that small since forever with no luck :S .

Is that what they are called? "Snap Buttons"? Just did a google search and you're right...nothing...at least not in the scale we are looking for. Hopefully Ski knows where to find em' :pray:

Pajji, if you're searching for snap fasteners (aka press studs), then try looking for 5mm or size 000 ones in silver/black. There is a size 0000 which I'm guessing are smaller, but they don't seem to be widely available. :)

Pajji, if you're searching for snap fasteners (aka press studs), then try looking for 5mm or size 000 ones in silver/black. There is a size 0000 which I'm guessing are smaller, but they don't seem to be widely available. :)

Thanks so much Lt. Dan! I think that's the name of them :) I'm searching now for 0000....thanks again! :1-1:

Has anyone bought supplies from battlegeartoys.com?

Are they reliable?

The website doesn't look so good.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I have ordered from Battlegeartoys and they are legitimate if that is your question. It ships fairly quickly and I have not had any problems. I bought a pair of boots several weeks ago and I will be placing another order soon for my custom Lone Ranger figure.

I have ordered from Battlegeartoys and they are legitimate if that is your question. It ships fairly quickly and I have not had any problems. I bought a pair of boots several weeks ago and I will be placing another order soon for my custom Lone Ranger figure.

Thanks for the answer.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Back