Media-Movie 1/6 Captain Miller (Tom Hanks; Saving Private Ryan)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
In my opinion the DID Miller sculpt is the best Tom Hanks at this age ever sculpted but definitely needs a repaint. The facepool head is terrible so if you pick this up if you have that one you should be fine without getting the whole figure because the most visible parts are the vest and the field jacket are far superior on the facepool version but they need modification for accuracy. I can’t speak to the facepool helmet but the DID one seemed big but once I took out the inner net and replaced the giant straps it looked really good I think. Very happy with it. There’s a few more accessories for the DID you may want to pick up if you have the FP version . If you only get one through get the DId and just pick up the facepool vest at the very least.

i

CAPTAIN JOHN H. MILLER

Head: DID
Paint: RFCustomFigures (me)
Body: HOt Toys joker
Field jacket: Facepool
Assault Vest: facepool recolored for accuracy and modified by me
Saddle bag: DID with strap replacement
Helmet: DID with inner netting removed and custom leather straps applied by me
The rest of the figure: DID
All outfit and weapons and helmet weathered by : RFCustomFigures (me)

That repaint is fantastic. Did you alter the sculpt in any way? The eyes look less squinty than the DID stock version.

I already had the Facepool "Capt. Miller" figure but decided to pick up a DiD version of "Capt. Miller" when one became available for retail. Once it comes in, I'll compare the two and see if I need to build using parts from both or simply sell one off.

The DiD Miller figure just arrived. I'll be taking a look at it, along with the Facepool version, which I also have, and see if I keep one and sell the other or perhaps follow Raymond's suggestions above and mix them both, in order to get a "super-Miller" figure... :wink1:

Resurrecting an old thread with some custom work to Miller and Ryan!

- Painted a Ryan headsculpt I purchased unpainted online to replace the DiD version.
- Swapped out the Miller DiD vest with the Facepool version
- Heavy weathering pass over both figures (uniforms, helmets, faces, equipment, etc)

SavingPrivateRyan_01.jpg

SavingPrivateRyan_02.jpg

I hope you finding him soon and a good deal. Caparzo was the first release in the series. It took me a while to find him at a decent price and that was over two years ago.

Back