1/6 ArtFigures Heavy Armoured Cop

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Body on this guy seems to be giving up, loose joints and wrist pegs. Anyone done a body swap? Not sure what one to try.

I tried switching mine to a couple generic bodies I had, but I think the pants ended up being too long or baggy or something. Can't remember exactly now, but ultimately I decided to stick with the stock body.

Plus with that fragile pleather I didn't want to risk stretching it too much over a beefier upper body.

Clearly late to this, but does anyone know anywhere I can grab this in the US other than eBay? I got out of 1/6 for a while and didn't realize they re-released this.

Thank you Dave. I may just look at trying to strengthen the arms. I don't want to risk any damage to this one.

it's the suit that is the problem just like rubber suits. you can apply some clear coat at the joints and keep moving it until it dries but if you don't move it it may get stuck.

any protection method and/or protectant (brand?) do u recommend?

nowadays i just go with mink oil (for blacks) or bee wax and apply nothing if it's matte finish (maybe suede cream works). i also use neutral tyre shine but they leave a thicker layer of gloss.

So, my Dredd started to disintegrate. Based in uk, not humid nor dry, not been posed a lot. Well cared for and always kept in a detolf

Its just all started to crumble and fall apart, like a recyclable carrier bag does.

Bought this on original release, my first ever 1/6 scale figure. Have read 2000ad since the late 1970's and a huge fan of the 2012 film. So, more than a little bummed out about it.

Have been trying to find a replacement suit for him to no avail. I am guessing the suit that they used on the Alvarez figure was exactly the same as the one they used on Dredd. Can anyone who has both figures confirm? Appreciate any help.

If so, then if I can't source a replacement (anyone out there have the under suit parts for sale?)I will have to pick up the Alvarez figure and swap out the suit. Expensive option though and alvarez parts are hardly in demand on the secondary market so wouldn't make much back on selling off the bits I don't need.

Yeah I'm having the same issue, but so far only with the arms of the jacket. I probably should have picked up one of those Alvarez outfits back when they were being parted out like crazy, but looks like it's too late now.

And wow, did the movie really come out 8 years ago? I would have sworn it was only 4 or 5 years.

Yeah I'm having the same issue, but so far only with the arms of the jacket. I probably should have picked up one of those Alvarez outfits back when they were being parted out like crazy, but looks like it's too late now.

And wow, did the movie really come out 8 years ago? I would have sworn it was only 4 or 5 years.

Exactly what I'm going to do I think Dave. I can get a new Alvarez figure for 120 pounds......there is a cheaper one in the US but I would get stung for a lot on customs.

Looking at the Alvarez pictures closely, the only differences that I can see, apart from the head of course, is the upper body armour ( badge and shoulder pad colour) and the lack of a leg holster. The rest appears to be a straight re-use of all of the Dredd parts. That would make sense, assume Art Figures were just getting some more mileage out of the stuff that they had already produced. As there is no pleather on the body armour or holster, my originals are still 100%, so those parts arent required.

It is expensive (more than I originally paid for Dredd in fact), but its probably the best approach that I can take if I'm going to be able to fully restore the Dredd figure.

The real issue is, long term, its just going to happen again!

I need to find a treatment that I can put on the new outfit when I get it to stop it deteriorating again.

Exactly what I'm going to do I think Dave. I can get a new Alvarez figure for 120 pounds......there is a cheaper one in the US but I would get stung for a lot on customs.

Looking at the Alvarez pictures closely, the only differences that I can see, apart from the head of course, is the upper body armour ( badge and shoulder pad colour) and the lack of a leg holster. The rest appears to be a straight re-use of all of the Dredd parts. That would make sense, assume Art Figures were just getting some more mileage out of the stuff that they had already produced. As there is no pleather on the body armour or holster, my originals are still 100%, so those parts arent required.

It is expensive (more than I originally paid for Dredd in fact), but its probably the best approach that I can take if I'm going to be able to fully restore the Dredd figure.

The real issue is, long term, its just going to happen again!

I need to find a treatment that I can put on the new outfit when I get it to stop it deteriorating again.

i believe the newest batch is the reissue Dredd with new box art and head without the lego top, but of course will cost more than Alvarez. But Alvarez isn't really that new. and if you are buying the parts loose no way you can tell which batch if it was from Dredd.

So, my Dredd started to disintegrate. Based in uk, not humid nor dry, not been posed a lot. Well cared for and always kept in a detolf

Its just all started to crumble and fall apart, like a recyclable carrier bag does.

Bought this on original release, my first ever 1/6 scale figure. Have read 2000ad since the late 1970's and a huge fan of the 2012 film. So, more than a little bummed out about it.

Have been trying to find a replacement suit for him to no avail. I am guessing the suit that they used on the Alvarez figure was exactly the same as the one they used on Dredd. Can anyone who has both figures confirm? Appreciate any help.

If so, then if I can't source a replacement (anyone out there have the under suit parts for sale?)I will have to pick up the Alvarez figure and swap out the suit. Expensive option though and alvarez parts are hardly in demand on the secondary market so wouldn't make much back on selling off the bits I don't need.

i have seen fabric tears after few years like Medicom maybe they used similar fabric as those shopping bags but i think yours torn because you posed his arm in a stressful way as in 90deg bend what normally happens is that the pleather will flake off but can be cleaned, you will loose the leather look. but to clean it off you will need to remove the outfit. So if yours tears up like that, i doubt we can remove the outfit and put them back once cleaned.

i believe the armor has some pleather lining near the neck, not 100% sure it's part of the armor or the inner suit.

Its not the pose causing this. He is standing in a neutral position, legs straight, and the same thing is happening on his trousers. I was just showing the worst affected area.

The material is just breaking down with age as this is the original Dredd figure. I suspect whoever has this figure, or indeed any of the art figures judges, is going to see the same thing happen to theirs over the next couple of years.

Also, this pleather is INCREDIBLY thin and the material underneath the surface is also extremely thin and transparent. If the pleather coating comes away, you can't really make do with the fabric underneath. It's just a very poor quality material, but that under suit is so unique, it would be hard to find a suitable substitute to replace it.

Its not the pose causing this. He is standing in a neutral position, legs straight, and the same thing is happening on his trousers. I was just showing the worst affected area.

The material is just breaking down with age as this is the original Dredd figure. I suspect whoever has this figure, or indeed any of the art figures judges, is going to see the same thing happen to theirs over the next couple of years.

Also, this pleather is INCREDIBLY thin and the material underneath the surface is also extremely thin and transparent. If the pleather coating comes away, you can't really make do with the fabric underneath. It's just a very poor quality material, but that under suit is so unique, it would be hard to find a suitable substitute to replace it.

oh well, i guess the reissue dredd & blue dredd must have used a better material.

Doubtful, they are just "newer" than my Dredd, so will still have another couple of years in them before catching up with my dredd.

Looking at all the pictures, and reading up/watching youtube, think all the parts are identical.

Back