1/6 ArtFigures Heavy Armoured Cop

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mine started to peel all over the place,
I’m starting to rework it

tactical shirt instead of leather jacket.(the black color, leather gloves (modded with dkr gloves) and elbows help)
I cut the peeled leather jacket arms keeping the shoulders tho and put it under the tactical shirt, will give some padding and keep the collar look that I painted with leather paint.

Elbows modded with straps

Boots, was going to cut the peeled fabric and use the base of the boots to glue them to the top of some pvc boots. But I wanted to try leather paint. It worked pretty good, might be a bit shinny tho.
Will see how it looks once I put back the shin guards.

Pants flacked at the rear so for now I’m keeping them as is, no sure the leather paint would work too.
I may try later. Tried on the wolverine last stand pants, need rework but looks good.

will probably replace gloves with those from scout trooper.

and then weathering, repaint of the golden shoulder.

This is the last straw, No more pleather for me.

67210F13-3A39-4A8C-8DE6-F54D22EE10BE.jpeg

Mine started to peel all over the place,
I’m starting to rework it

tactical shirt instead of leather jacket.(the black color, leather gloves (modded with dkr gloves) and elbows help)
I cut the peeled leather jacket arms keeping the shoulders tho and put it under the tactical shirt, will give some padding and keep the collar look that I painted with leather paint.

Elbows modded with straps

Boots, was going to cut the peeled fabric and use the base of the boots to glue them to the top of some pvc boots. But I wanted to try leather paint. It worked pretty good, might be a bit shinny tho.
Will see how it looks once I put back the shin guards.

Pants flacked at the rear so for now I’m keeping them as is, no sure the leather paint would work too.
I may try later. Tried on the wolverine last stand pants, need rework but looks good.

will probably replace gloves with those from scout trooper.

and then weathering, repaint of the golden shoulder.

This is the last straw, No more pleather for me.

View attachment 553291
--

Can you please provide details on the environment (i.e., temperature, humidity, exposure to sunlight, etc.) the figure was displayed or stored in before noticing the degradation of the figure's pleather?

Was your figure the first production batch or latter (if you know)?

My climate is temperate, first batch, displayed from time to time and stored.
Removed recently started to pose it and saw peeling.
I have the original t800 mms 117 bought it when it was released, the fake leather is still in perfect state and he was displayed stored in the same conditions.
The difference is the thickness of the material, way to thin on thin on Dredd or like the t800 BD.

Yeah those Wolverine pants work well, unfortunately I cant find any on ebay. My Dredd's pants got a tear just below the butt line on the rear. I suppose I could use the excuse that he ripped them falling on his ass or something like that.

Yeah those Wolverine pants work well, unfortunately I cant find any on ebay. My Dredd's pants got a tear just below the butt line on the rear. I suppose I could use the excuse that he ripped them falling on his ass or something like that.
That is exactly where mine cracked too lol
I was keeping the wolverine for a comics watchmen comedian version but he looks great.
I was looking for other hot toys pants and some could do the trick like Thor or Hawkeye.

Is there anything you can apply to "pleather" that will reduce the risk of damage?

--

I recollect reading from other collectors that a leather protectant (conditioner/cleaner) will help.

You need to carefully apply it to the pleather's surface, let it set in and dry, and then repeat the process a couple of times.

Based on my experience with pleather, the degradation is really dependent upon the environmental factors along with how the material is handled and stored.

I opened a pleather outfit set produced back in 2000/2001 that I purchased on eBay. I thought once opened it would immediately start to deteriorate, but it did not.

The consistency and quality of the pleather used for 1:6 also plays a factor. I've seen/witnessed instances from others where degradation occurred within a short perod (less than a year) and that includes offerings by HOT TOYS.

--

I recollect reading from other collectors that a leather protectant (conditioner/cleaner) will help.

You need to carefully apply it to the pleather's surface, let it set in and dry, and then repeat the process a couple of times.

Based on my experience with pleather, the degradation is really dependent upon the environmental factors along with how the material is handled and stored.

I opened a pleather outfit set produced back in 2000/2001 that I purchased on eBay. I thought once opened it would immediately start to deteriorate, but it did not.

Thanks for the info - much appreciated :duff

Finished to piece him together and I'm very happy with the results swapped the body too for a ttm19 ko.
Need ro gold the shoulder and that will be it.
Glad to have salvaged it

JointPics_20220106_014423.JPG

Finished to piece him together and I'm very happy with the results swapped the body too for a ttm19 ko.
Need ro gold the shoulder and that will be it.
Glad to have salvaged it

View attachment 554201
That looks great, nice work (y)liking those hands too, did you say they were from the Scout Trooper?

Ive been thinking about swapping the body on mine as its become rather loose over time but couldnt find one with a compatible neck.

That looks great, nice work (y)liking those hands too, did you say they were from the Scout Trooper?

Ive been thinking about swapping the body on mine as its become rather loose over time but couldnt find one with a compatible neck.
Thanks
Yes scout trooper gloves, 2 parts that allows mobility.
Be carefull when you remove the clothes that’s when it peels even more.

Back