1/6 ArtFigures Heavy Armoured Cop

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Okay, I finally got my Dredd! So I just rewatched the movie to try to get an idea of what he needs to have to make him more movie accurate. Let me just say right off that bat that I don't ever paint any of my figs. I'm always afraid that I'm going to screw something up. But there is so much that can be done with this fig that I am willing to give it a try. So I'm hoping you guys can give me an idea of what types of paint and brushes to use.

I want to paint the eagle in the two (his)right shoulder pads, and then the top (his)left pad. I'm guessing it's some type of bronze?

The elbow and knees I saw someone here post were a dark kind of forest green?

And the shin pads are shiny in the movie, so I was thinking of doing that, but I have no idea what to use for those.

Any suggestions on these please? I'm so happy to have this.

Okay, I finally got my Dredd! So I just rewatched the movie to try to get an idea of what he needs to have to make him more movie accurate. Let me just say right off that bat that I don't ever paint any of my figs. I'm always afraid that I'm going to screw something up. But there is so much that can be done with this fig that I am willing to give it a try. So I'm hoping you guys can give me an idea of what types of paint and brushes to use.

I want to paint the eagle in the two (his)right shoulder pads, and then the top (his)left pad. I'm guessing it's some type of bronze?

The elbow and knees I saw someone here post were a dark kind of forest green?

And the shin pads are shiny in the movie, so I was thinking of doing that, but I have no idea what to use for those.

Any suggestions on these please? I'm so happy to have this.

Key is DRYBRUSHING. Only drybrush a tiny amount of gold paint on the shoulders so that it gives a bit of highlight.
Same with the green pads. Only a some green highlights. It will look more natural.

And if you want even more accuracy you'd need to drybrush the outfit as well with some medium gray, and the chest armor with gunmetal gray. Since both look a bit cheap and toylike right out of the box.

The helmet will also need some weathering, and I had to use some black for mine, in order for it to show up on the red.

Thank you two so much for the help! Am I using acrylic paint? Sorry, this is new to me and I know there are different types of paint so I want to be sure.

Key is DRYBRUSHING. Only drybrush a tiny amount of gold paint on the shoulders so that it gives a bit of highlight.
Same with the green pads. Only a some green highlights. It will look more natural.

And if you want even more accuracy you'd need to drybrush the outfit as well with some medium gray, and the chest armor with gunmetal gray. Since both look a bit cheap and toylike right out of the box.

The helmet will also need some weathering, and I had to use some black for mine, in order for it to show up on the red.

Yeah I just have a little bit of the nose showing on mine too. Plus when the helmet is too high the red X ends up covering his eyes, which just looks weird and distracting. Lol

Pulled my figure out of storage today and the suit had begun to deteriorate. :( Luckily I've managed to find a newer release for s decent price , so will mod him when it arrives.

Pulled my figure out of storage today and the suit had begun to deteriorate. :( Luckily I've managed to find a newer release for s decent price , so will mod him when it arrives.

i think the new release would have same issues. i suggest you apply mink oil or rubber tyre protestant (neutral) when you get the new one and don't keep it in contact with the box trays.

fullsizeoutput_47.jpg

Still happy with mine :)

Thank you. I'm in the UK so more intense cold weather than pleasantly warm.

My replacement arrived today. Ready to swap out the parts that I'd modded for my previous figure.

Thank you. I'm in the UK so more intense cold weather than pleasantly warm.

My replacement arrived today. Ready to swap out the parts that I'd modded for my previous figure.

humidity shouldn't be an issue there. but i'm guess too dry it cracks up too. so apply some protection.

Back