1/6 ART Figures AF-019 Crazy Racer

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
One of few who bought it might be the one selling the (illegal) copies for $65 a pop and raking money later! :D
who cares....right? it was not licensed to begin with.

When a company is gouging like ML, it's hard to not want to buy the bootleg for much less just to stick it to them. Even though I know its wrong and companies should be allowed to charge what they want to charge....

Turing%2520%25281%2529_0.jpg

Hoping VTS just comes up with a solid full figure.

The eBay thing and 24 hour thing are both odd business choices. If there really is more $ to be made this way, which I'm not sure there is, is it worth the negative feelings and reputation this perceived gouging or fleecing generates among your potential customers in the 1/6 custom community? After bleeding the deep pocket guys up front, I wouldn't be surprised if they sell the non battle damaged Hardy later for much less.

Thanks worgar. I usually just lurk but felt like adding my 2 cents to this topic. Paying or asking that price tag based on a photoshop prototype is curious.

Did you see the Maximus miniatures head? I'm sure the ml head price will send business to them instead. Or the vts head could turn out awesome.

My first post here...

I just pre-ordered my Modern Life TOM HARDY as Max head directly from ML for $300 with a 4 installment payment plan, so that is definitely the way to go. You can contact Modern Life directly to have more infos [email protected]

I also Pre-ordered the Crazy Racer from KG. In a world without Fury Road action figures, this is a dream combo mash-up for me. I also plan to order MR. E's Fury Road Max boots to swap out with the Crazy Racer's boots (which are the only problem I have with the costuming on that figure and are screaming non-screen accurate to me).

Here are some more pics of the ML Hardy head (before the bloodied Fury Road paint job) not shown in this thread from the Modern Life's Facebook page...

View attachment 224865 View attachment 224864 View attachment 224867

Is this a real person or Modern Life advertising ?

I love that such an insane movie has brought out the truly insane to even consider spending $350 for a head sculpt... and listening to random, unknown posters to boot.

We suddenly have so many choices. I'm certain more headsculpts will follow.

Once, I was a collector. A Sideshow Freak searching for a righteous figure. As the licensing failed, each of our wallets in its own way was broken. It was hard to know who was more crazy. Me, or everyone else...

mad-max-inicio-salto.jpg

If you purchased the ML sculpt, be prepared to not get too annoyed with yourself for spending $300+, while others might get a recast for $30+ .....

I decided I wanted the ML sculpt enough to pay the asking price. My "want" level is high enough. It's worth is subjective. I figured it's only a little more expensive than buying a pricey unpainted cast, then having a talented painter paint it.

Will something better pop up later? Who knows. If I let that type of thinking stop me from buying, I wouldn't buy anything .....

If you purchased the ML sculpt, be prepared to not get too annoyed with yourself for spending $300+, while others might get a recast for $30+ .....

I decided I wanted the ML sculpt enough to pay the asking price. My "want" level is high enough. It's worth is subjective. I figured it's only a little more expensive than buying a pricey unpainted cast, then having a talented painter paint it.

Will something better pop up later? Who knows. If I let that type of thinking stop me from buying, I wouldn't buy anything .....

Are you trying to convince us or yourself?

Congratulations! The scupt looks amazing, we´ll see about the paint, but for me not worth that kind of money. On the other hand I dont trust ML much, specially after what they did with the Conan sculpt they showed us, put for preorder and shortly after cancelling it without saying nything. Again, congratulations.

Yeah I like Tom Hardy. Not really into Mad Max, but I really like the art of the sculpt. Really nice sculpts can make me want to build a figure around them. I wouldn't bother with a Max figure otherwise, since it's not really a character I follow, although I thought the movie was kinda cool.

Back