1/6 QORANGE QOTOYS QOM-1034 Vietnam War US 1st Cavalry Division in the Drang Valley (1965)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Asta

Super Freak
CF Supporter
Reaction score
q1.jpg

q2.jpg
q3.jpg
q4.jpg
q5.jpg
q6.jpg
q7.jpg
q8.jpg
q9.jpg
q10.jpg
q11.jpg
q12.jpg
q13.jpg
q14.jpg
q15.jpg
q16.jpg
q17.jpg

q18.jpg

q19.jpg
q20.jpg
q21.jpg

QORANGE QOTOYS 1/6 Vietnam War US 1st Cavalry Division in Drang Valley 1965
NO.QOM-1034

helmet* 1
short-sleeved T-shirt* 1
OG107 overalls* 1
OG107 military trousers* 1
M52A bulletproof vest* 1
badge* 1
armband* 1
Socks* 1
Belt* 1
Vibram Sole Jungle Boots (Second Edition)* 1
M16A1 Rifle (Three-Prong Flash Hider)* 1
Magazine* 10
Combat Knife* 1
Combat Scabbard* 1
M26 Grenade* 2
M18 Smoke Screen (Red/Yellow) /Green/Purple) * 4
magazine chest hanger * 1
M1956 belt * 1
H belt * 1
magazine bag * 2
sliding iron clip * 10
bag * 2
1 quart kettle * 1
1 quart kettle cover * 1
2 quart Kettle* 1
2-quart kettle cover* 1
utility bag* 1
watch* 1
cigarette* 1
military brand* 1
MX-991/U flashlight (red/clear lens)* 1
ST138 radio back stand* 1
Prc25 radio set* 1
H-138A/U microphone* 1
antenna bag* 1
radio backup battery* 1
electrical tape* 5
simulated head carving* 1
body* 1
hand type* 3
foot type* 1

All made of genuine leather.

When I first saw the announcement title I read "Qorange" and "US 1st Cavalry" and my mind went immediately Qorange's American Civil War series.

Then I saw "1965" and began to feel deflated. :(

This figure set looks amazing and warrants multiple purchases. So many display options available will make this one a slippery slope figure. Just replace the head sculpts and patches and you can easily set up a cool little diorama display.

Am I right in that they have transitioned into making full figures now, as opposed to kit packs?

I think this is a mash up of Forrest Gump and We Were Soldiers.

Gump was in the 9th Infantry Division, but We Were Soldiers was about the 1st Calvary Division in the battle of the Ia Drang Valley in 1965.
ahh gotcha. I don't know enough to tell the difference if I'm being honest, so as soon as I saw the Tom Hanks sculpt, my first thought was Forrest Gump :LOL:

ahh gotcha. I don't know enough to tell the difference if I'm being honest, so as soon as I saw the Tom Hanks sculpt, my first thought was Forrest Gump :LOL:

I made a search yesterday with the terms Drang 1965 film and it returned We Were Soldiers.

Don't think I've ever seen that one. I went through a brief interest in the subject after watching Ken Burns' The Vietnam War, which prompted me to get Ujindou's MACV-SOG figure.

After pre-ordering I pretty much lost interest in him apart from his Grease Gun. I don't find it a very inspirational period for collecting, so I've relocated my three related figures to a high shelf in the collection room.

I really did get excited when I misread the title on BBICN, and thought it was going to be an American Civil War or later cavalryman.

We Were Soldiers was a great book, and a fairly faithful movie. Not a huge Mel Gibson fan but that one stands out even though its been a long time since I've watched it

Back