1/6 "A New Hope" Princess Leia - By Snyderman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think the sculpt is very accurate. I would've liked to have seen a little more emotion/attitude in it, but I ain't complainin'. . .

I have to strongly disagree with this.

First of all "Snyderman" the board member is the husband of the sculptor just to clear up any confusion that seems to abound. That said Tom is an artist too and has sculpted the single best 1:6 accessory I have ever seen, the flamethrower from Alien. That piece is mind-blowing in its intricacy.

Ray, you are entitled to your opinion of course, but it is one thing to say Joy is not at a level to some of the boundary-breaking Hot Toys talent, but to say her sculpt is not an "upgrade" on the SSC version is just indefensible in my view.

The SSC head is grossly oversized and just throughly generic. Joy has pulled off the greatest challenge in sculpting that I have observe: capturing the likeness of a young woman who otherwise lacks "character" in her facial features. Take away the Star Puffs™ and Carrie Fisher circa age 20 was a totally featureless beauty. Joy nailed her attitude in the sculpt.

The fact Sideshow failed again and again with female head sculpts shows that it is not an easy task. Hot Toys has not exactly been flawless either. The latest Black Widow, the Blade lady, and the first Linda Hamilton sculpts are their only unqualified successes with real women that I can think off. Even Trevor varied in the quality of his Firefly heads, with River being a pretty poor showing compared to Zoe, a near perfect sculpt.

In Raymond's defense his remarks were made before the pictures were posted. As a longtime fan of Joy and Tom Studios work I was kinda miffed at his remarks as he had complimented some of the past work posted by snyderman (whom I believe is actually Joshua, Joy and Tom's son). Several members including Raymond and I were discussing what makes an acceptable portrait in the James Bond thread. This was kind of a friendly "I told you so" poke at fun. Of course he may come on here and say that he still thinks the SS one is better? Either way I didn't post with the intention of causing trouble.

L1.jpg

leiasizebodtfit.jpg

Bazinga! Just some gentle ribbing after the discussion we have been having on the Bond thread.
That's quite nice work, really lovely! :clap

I love this sculpt so much that I bought one last night. I have a feeling that this will be THE Leia to own.

Nice find Gipetto... looks good, and if it's too tall I don't mind chopping a bit of the thighs on a $30 body :lecture

looks like the best likeness in 1/6th i've ever seen of her.

Back