1/6 2X-7KPR Security Droid

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Darth_IMPoor

Super Freak
Reaction score
I'll let you guys do all the hard one's. I'm all about easy and cheap, cause you know...I'm poor:lol

I'm having a go at this little fella.

securedroid002.jpg

Certainly nothing extrordinary, but it is Star Wars and if I ever want a Purchase of the Droids line-up, I need him. I know Mr. Dorgs has a LIN, but it was a quickie and it's small. I also know Mr. Dorgs has entertained a R1-G4. I'm hoping to beat him to it. Tooex here should be done in a few days.

His middle will be this PVC part, and the dome is 1/2 an ornament

securedroid001.jpg

I'm going to use regular screening to give that metallic,textured look.

securedroid003.jpg

securedroid004.jpg

securedroid005.jpg

The body will be my favorite, foam board, wrapped in styrene. I have done a little gold "weathering" on the inside of the dome. I'm hoping it works once the green is behind it.

securedroid006.jpg

At the end of today, I've got the tapered top part done. Off to the 24hr Wally World for some green and black paint.

securedroid007.jpg

Hope you guys like it!

Looking good so far! Now how many other droids/jawas do you have to display with it?

Nothing yet dude. Well I do have a shiny, oversize Hasbro C-3PO, but he's not going to count until he's dirtied up....alot. R2 and R5 will come from eBay when I get funds. The Jawas seem underscale slightly too, but I may get a couple if they're cheap enough. The plan (subject to any number of changes) will be finish this guy, then R1, who I have started already, then LIN. I'm not sure how I'd even start the WED droid, but he's last, way last. I'm pretty happy with the upper part after paint. I'll try and get a couple pics up tonight.

The Hasbro Jawa's are fine, plus in the films they vary in height.

Ive been looking for a dome for a LIN droid for months now.

If I find a good solution, I'll certainly give you a heads up. I think Mark's looks great, but it's just a baby LIN. I want a man's LIN.

I can't believe that I have never noticed that droid before....seriously,never.Guess I never payed that much attention during that scene:confused:
Regardless of my slackness...your project is coming along nicely.He looks cool.

I've been wanting to do a LIN for some time now myself
Ive been looking for a dome for a LIN droid for months now.

What size would you say the dome should be to be correct(or close enough)scale?
I have one that's 4" diameter that I thought about useing but was unsure if it would be large enough.

I have a "test" LIN I mocked to gauge size. I'll be in the market for something 8-8 1/2" in diameter and 3 1/2 to 4" high, not including the wheels. It's not official by any stretch, but that looks right to me relative to the Jawas and Astromechs. Anyone else feel free to chime in with improvement thoughts though.

I have a "test" LIN I mocked to gauge size. I'll be in the market for something 8-8 1/2" in diameter and 3 1/2 to 4" high, not including the wheels. It's not official by any stretch, but that looks right to me relative to the Jawas and Astromechs. Anyone else feel free to chime in with improvement thoughts though.

Cool, I was figuring about 7" at least, so if I shoot for 7 1/2"-8 1/2" it should look pretty good then.

Yep...the one I have definately won't work,lol.
Then again I never really looked into what the correct size would be either.I just remember seeing it in the craft store thinking,hey-I could use this to make that droid.

After reading this,I did finally look more into it & saw that your dimentions Jeff are indeed very close to 1/6.For some reason I didn't think it would have been that big.
So...with that I'm on a hunt myself:D

Naw. All my SW stuff is on the backburner. In my effort and excitement to keep getting more and making new, I may have overextended myself a bit:slap. I robbed Peter to pay Paul, Peter called Vinny to tell me if I didn't pay up, I'd have 2 broken legs, so I gotta chill....and make up the difference. Some of my new stuff went right back where I got it some of it went to the 'bay. My current allowance is not enough to do ALL my "hobbies". He's pretty much sitting as shown. Hopefully I can get back to him after our house projects are done. It blows, but I'm just in observation mode for the near future. Besides OT, I think when you tackle him, it'll blow mine away anyhow and I'll be looking at ideas from you on how to finish him.

Last edited:
I understand how that is, I have been ducking Vinnie for many years.:lol

Hope things get back to normal for you so you can get back to you dollies.:)

Thanks Viv, but ALL isn't lost. SW and Superheroes are on the back burner since I had to slow down on something. I'm still working, albeit slowly, on my Civil War stuff. As much as I love my SW and comics, I'm a bit of a history nut and I picked that as my priority. I'm still poking around though anonymously checking out the great stuff that's getting worked on. And I still have my legs...and a wife...so it's a win!

Naw. All my SW stuff is on the backburner. In my effort and excitement to keep getting more and making new, I may have overextended myself a bit:slap. I robbed Peter to pay Paul, Peter called Vinny to tell me if I didn't pay up, I'd have 2 broken legs, so I gotta chill....and make up the difference. Some of my new stuff went right back where I got it some of it went to the 'bay. My current allowance is not enough to do ALL my "hobbies". He's pretty much sitting as shown. Hopefully I can get back to him after our house projects are done. It blows, but I'm just in observation mode for the near future. Besides OT, I think when you tackle him, it'll blow mine away anyhow and I'll be looking at ideas from you on how to finish him.

Thanks for the kind words. Believe me where you left off it does help me. I just found the top dome yesterday. Hope you can continue with your hobbies ASAP. I have been dragging my feet on my projects as of late. I'm just too tired after work these days. Then on the weekend I have time I feel the need to be with my Girlfriend. There's a fine balance I need to find. :wink1:

Back