1/4 Scale Super Alloy Iron Man 3 Figures from Play Imaginative

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cosbaby is a style of figure like nendoroids or bishoujo figures :) I meant the quality

They put out a 1/6 super alloy batman recently and never heard any real quality issues? Some did not like the comic styling of the piece. :dunno I think I'll hold judgement until this is in board members hands. Lord knows HT and EB have had there own issues. I hope they turn out great. The more manufactures of 1/6 & 1/4 scale the better.

My thoughts are, this is new for them yes, but they've had chance to practice on their first Iron man and the Batman with regards to qc issues and getting it right.

I like the fact that this is new to them, they are gonna go that extra mile to make sure that what ever they release is gonna be amazing, just look at their paint job on that finished 1/6 VII that deep red colour is beautiful.

Also they have commented on test's they've done and let us know they plan to use, paints similar to car paint.
Look at the **** HT's have put out regarding qc issues, fading paint, rubber etc etc

I for one am very excited even if I can only get one.

Well bro you are talkin about 80's figures you can't compare a Hot Toys Diecast with your vintage stuff actually i meant the material quality which HT is using for it's figures better than the other firms even if it's MMS or diecast that doesn't matter much...

Sorry I was in a dream state...:lol

1/4 scale Tony HS...
8663881013_c2185aacb4_c.jpg

The likeness is quite decent, but really, what's up with his skin? Did they paint it with textured non slip paint?

Just got another question answered.

The crotch on the 1/4 is diecast also :)

If they nail the paint app on the final runs, I'm dropping 1/6 Iron Man for this.

So basically,

1, They'll be available Worldwide, excluding China, Taiwan, and Hong Kong definitely but we're also working on widening distribution networks so that shipping is more affordable for those outside Singapore. As you know, the 1/4 scale is huge, and in die-cast, it will be heavy as well.

2, The pieces showcasing at the event are just display prototypes, so the paintwork will definitely be better.

3, The other pricing is not out yet, but you can probably refer to the Mark42 as a gauge??

4, Thats just an initial sculpt, and definitely not the final piece"

5, Gemini, ((I asked this))the white wont turn yellow, as well as the paint chipping and fading tests, all the figures will have a protective coating, and the paint will be similar to car paint.

6, ((I ASKED ABOUT DETAILING ON GEMINI)) Gemini will have more detailing.

7, The iron man figures will be released within the year, but spread out over the coming months..

8, The crotch wll be Diecast on the 1/4

Last edited:
These ironman looks farking awesome !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I want them so bad, I wish I was rich I'd buy them all.
Farking yeah, metal crotch !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Skullboy, do you know if PI will eventually release 1/6 Die-cast IM3 figs, or do they not have the licensing rights? My apologies if this has already been answered, but I'll be quite sad if Snapper doesn't get the 1/6 articulated treatment (damn Power Pose BS). Thanks! :elefant

Skullboy, do you know if PI will eventually release 1/6 Die-cast IM3 figs, or do they not have the licensing rights? My apologies if this has already been answered, but I'll be quite sad if Snapper doesn't get the 1/6 articulated treatment (damn Power Pose BS). Thanks! :elefant

It does say on there website, that they only have the licence only for 1/4 and 1/12 for Worldwide distribution :(

Back