1/4 Scale Super Alloy Iron Man 3 Figures from Play Imaginative

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
the iron man figures will be released within the year, but spread out over the coming months..

So they will have their line completed before Hot Toys releases their first figure.Looks like Hot Toys are making a ***** of things the last few months.

their mark VII was supposed to be out december last year, i doubt any of these will be on schedule.

the figure looks fantastic. i cant justify going over 400 bucks on one though.

HS for t he 1/4 Mark 42.
img3987z.jpg

img3991uv.jpg

img3992xe.jpg

img3996z.jpg

Great pics! I'm satisfied with this new head sculpt!
Wish I knew someone attending this event that wouldn't mind pre-ordering a Mark 42 1/4 for me. :/ Anybody willing to accept to help a fellow member? With full pre-order payment provided of course. ;) Someone very known with good reputation as well. lol

Last edited:
Great pics! I've satisfied with this new head sculpt!
Wish I knew someone attending this event that wouldn't mind pre-ordering a Mark 42 1/4 for me. :/ Anybody willing to accept to help a fellow member? With full pre-order payment provided of course. ;) Someone very known with good reputation as well. lol

Why not wait till PI releases info on overseas shipping? I guess it should still be available for purchase closer to the release in september.

I would if I'd know for sure how this would work out.
However, comparing the price for the 1/6 PI on pre-order in Singapore to the price on BBTS, you're practically paying the same as if you'd pre-order it over there and have someone ship it to you.

I'm assuming the same will happen with the 1/4 scales. Why wait then? lol

My god, these look flat out amazing to me. The proportions are 100% perfect it looks. The paint already looks impressive as ****. I can see a tad bit of sloppiness of the application in some of the super close up pics but, as they said, these are only prototypes and the detail will improve so I'm very happy.

The head sculpt has a funny texture to it in the close up pictures but, from a slight distance in the other pictures, it looks like the best representation of RDJ we've seen yet. While also giving 5 different heads as well?? What? I'm thinking they will have the standard head sculpt shown there, The Mark 42 armor head, Mark 42 head with the mask up and RDJ's head inside, A Mark42 with mask up while empty, and the 5th head as Pepper pots inside the helmet??? One could wish, it will probably be just another RDJ head sculpt with an angry expression or something.

What really amazes me is how this company seems to have come out of nowhere and has nailed every aspect of these armors better right off the bat than hot toys has with multiple attempts. They are even 90% die-cast I think WITH remote control lights!

The downside is this is in 1/4 scale and my whole, albeit small collection, is in 1/6 scale...I am worried these will feel out of place next to my hot toys.

The other HUGE downside is price, $750SGD retail is aprox. $606 USD or 460 euros. That's without shipping overseas to local retailers.

EDIT: For those who haven't noticed, there is going to be two editions of the Mark42 as well. It will be released as a normal and exclusive editons. The Exclusive edition will come with a SIXTH head ~ One (1) additional head of Robert Downey Jr. as Tony Stark (with battle scar).

Last edited:
Okay, here are my thoughts about these 1/4 figures when i saw them in person

they are impressive in size but there is super sloppiness int he painting, granted these are just prototype display models but currently I am unimpressed. The figure itself looks like it is held together by little bits of plastic (see pics) and some of them look really weird up close. Their 1/6 Mark VII though, that is quite spectacular

anyway, to the pictures!

DSC02211_zpse7944a97.jpg

DSC02212_zps9d301c2d.jpg

DSC02213_zps9d56f592.jpg

DSC02214_zps19527bb0.jpg

DSC02215_zpse492ee96.jpg

This one is really cool though
DSC02216_zps5ee0bf3a.jpg

DSC02217_zps55ff3af1.jpg

DSC02218_zps306aad8d.jpg

DSC02222_zpsefd7e4db.jpg

DSC02223_zps4e40fa0a.jpg

Yeah, seeing these pics up close give you detail on improvent areas of paint needed. The silver lining areas could really use more improvement. I'm quite grateful we can all share these pics, and thanks for sharing with us. :)

Decent likeness yes... I definitely wouldn't use it though because of mentioned paint and texture. It will only be more noticeable in 1/4.

I'm interested to see how Hot Toys react to these. At this point of time the only thing that put me off for PI is that the price and the fact that they open the pre order without pictures of the completed Mark 42.

Defintely they are not the end products that we will be getting. They have been rushed for the Iron Man 3 movie so that they can capitalise on the craze at the moment.

I can still see traces of glue on the joints of the Red Snapper's shoulders and arms. That is also why why we are not seeing any poses done at this point of time. Nonetheless, they are still in prototype phase, so we should be seeing more of the figures in the upcoming months.

Regarding paint and sculpt. Does anyone know how to put this up so everyone will see it?

Thanks for waiting!
found out more about Gemini.. it wont turn yellow ((I ASKED THIS LOL)) as well as the paint chipping and fading tests, all the figures will have a protective coating, and the paint will be similar to car paint..
((I ASKED ABOUT DETAILING ON GEMINI)) Gemini will have more detailing.
the iron man figures will be released within the year, but spread out over the coming months..

They'll be available to the UK definitely but we're also working on widening distribution networks so that shipping is more affordable for those outside Singapore. As you know, the 1/4 scale is huge, and in die-cast, it will be heavy as well.
The pieces showcasing at the event are just display prototypes, so the paintwork will definitely be better.
The other pricing is not out yet, but you can probably refer to the Mark42 as a gauge??

Also they just said, "thats just an initial sculpt, and definitely not the final piece"

Last edited:
Play Imaginative is making a firm of Sponge Bob characters buying from them a 1/4 Iron Man figure is not that a smart idea in my opinion!

Back