1/4 scale Stormtrooper sculpt

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
added a movable rubber trim
finished the ears, well almost, just to blend in the centre ear detail and finish off the screw detail on the opposite ear.
puttied, sanded and smoothed out the helmet
molded the microphone tips, drilled them out and added scale mesh. the tips are just pushed in place for the photo

Awsome...but you better be careful because if Sideshow doesn't make one in 2008 you will have a lot of people trying to buy yours including me:DGreat work!!!

What do you plan on doing for the PF? Are you going to make armor that will fit on a 1/4 scale body or will be sculpt the armor on to the body?

thanks for the kind words, im pretty happy with it myself

Next is the armour, seeing as the armour is rigid i can make that then create an armature to mount them on and then position it in what ever pose i like and fill in the rest of the body between the armour.

i still have an idea for a possable figure but we will see

Nathan

Did you go for a little bit more symmetry overall? I can't really tell either way just curious.

i did my best to copy the asymmetry of the helmet as thats what gives the Stormtrooper helmet its character.
once you start making the star wars helmet symmetrical you take the look and the character out of the piece.
i wish it ws symmetrical though as it would have made it a damn sight easier to sculpt :lol

Great job on the sculpting, it looks very professional, can't wait to see the rest of the armor and body of the Stormtrooper. You've got skills!

HEY SIDESHOW:

This guy has a stormtrooper helmet- you guys should hire him to sculpt the stormtroopers that you are going to release in about six different poses!

just my 2 cents

Aren't you a little short for a stormtrooper?

Way too long for an update on this one, i dont know where this year has gone.

i decided to finish off the full size trooper helmet that i used as a template for the 1/4 scale helmet and it took a bit longer to do than i had anticipated. DOH

Anyway heres the latest, the hand plates and shoulder bells are almost done, just a bit more sanding too do.

Awesome! Good to see you back at work.

By chance for your next update, can you take pics of the 1/4 scale pieces next to a SSC figure so we can see the scale?

i would if i had one :lol
if anyone would like to send me a vader ill post pics next to it :D

Nathan

Back