1/4 and 1/6 Hot Toys Batman TDKR Announcement

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't understand what the big deal about DX is. They pers are not that big of a deal to me.

I think the DX line is considered the holy grail of Hot Toys category's and so people will always speculate whether or not certain figures will get the DX treatment. It's not just the PERS but the added effort put into the package (multiple headsculpts, multiple outfits, larger range of accessories etc etc)

I think the DX line is considered the holy grail of Hot Toys category's and so people will always speculate whether or not certain figures will get the DX treatment. It's not just the PERS but the added effort put into the package (multiple headsculpts, multiple outfits, larger range of accessories etc etc)

I'll take the extras regarding packaging and everything else. The PERS just don't do anything for me.

The DX08 and 09 were the first ones where the PERs looked close to natural, I wouldn't mind PERs on my Bane or Batman if it was executed that well (but ____ no to back of the cowl control mechanism)

^ But they've done all that with MMS releases. And sometimes DX's can be on the skimpy side. Like void said, HT doesn't make sense.

True, the T1000 is very much a DX package (bar the standard box and no PERS) whereas the DX03 comes with nothing but I guess the argument there is that it's mainly iconic characters that get the DX treatment and HT obviously felt MJ was worthy despite the lack of accessories :dunno

The DX08 and 09 were the first ones where the PERs looked close to natural, I wouldn't mind PERs on my Bane or Batman if it was executed that well (but ____ no to back of the cowl control mechanism)

Bane would be easy to hide if the plate came off along the contours of his mask, Batman; if they could incorporate the quality of the DX09 with the functionality of the DX02 would be awesome.

True, the T1000 is very much a DX package (bar the standard box and no PERS) whereas the DX03 comes with nothing but I guess the argument there is that it's mainly iconic characters that get the DX treatment and HT obviously felt MJ was worthy despite the lack of accessories :dunno

Even the new DX10 is a little skimpy depending on who you ask. Don't forget the Thriller figure either. It didnt have a lot of accessories but it had two head sculpt and two full outfits and hands. The T-1000 was ridiculous though :lol The accessories kept coming and coming.

Void vs Avengers fan. :rotfl

Notice how the Avengers fan is fat and out of shape. :lol

:monkey1

I think for TDKR, if we see a DX of anybody it will be Catwoman. With the mask, the PERS could be put to very good use, as well if she has more accessories than the others (guns and other stolen gadgets). She would be awesome as a DX.

Void, about the outfit options for Bane, I think a prologue medium sleeved shirt would be cool too.

20_STR.png

As well as the other options you listed, he could be a cool DX and it wouldn't surprise me if he becomes one after the MMS release.

As for bats, HT needs to redeem themselves, a DX, with battle damaged swappable armor plates/broken cowl/battled damaged headsculpt/swappable mouth pieces would be awesome.

I really hope for rooted hair with Catwoman, as her hairstyle seems well suited to it. There are no curls or anything (a la Black Widow), it's just long, straight hair, and it seems like rooted hair would be better for articulation anyways.

Yea but 1) jack sparrow has dreads which is easier to do sculpt than with rooted hair and 2) the dreads were all individually sculpted. Unless they sculpt each individual strand of hair for catwoman, I don't see how it's an equal comparison. Catwoman would lose realism if she had sculpted hair. Rooted hair for Catwoman is the only way to go IMO. Plus with he hair being so long, sculpted hair would hinder neck articulation.

Notice how the Avengers fan is fat and out of shape. :lol

:monkey1

I think for TDKR, if we see a DX of anybody it will be Catwoman. With the mask, the PERS could be put to very good use, as well if she has more accessories than the others (guns and other stolen gadgets). She would be awesome as a DX.

Void, about the outfit options for Bane, I think a prologue medium sleeved shirt would be cool too.

20_STR.png

As well as the other options you listed, he could be a cool DX and it wouldn't surprise me if he becomes one after the MMS release.

As for bats, HT needs to redeem themselves, a DX, with battle damaged swappable armor plates/broken cowl/battled damaged headsculpt/swappable mouth pieces would be awesome.

Thanks for the prologue spoiler ____.

Thanks for the prologue spoiler ____.

No problem snake! :hi5:

This shot is in the trailer, which you have seen :lol

Zach - yeah, forgot about that one, prologue shirt version would be cool too!

And I would definitely prefer rooted hair for CW

Something about rooted hair is throwing me off, would feel like a barbie on my shelf. But yeah, if done right would be the best option.

But I did not know that was at the start of the film. I do now.

Sorry pal. :monkey2

:1-1:

Figured that was kinda "general" info about the film. Since it was publicly and officially displayed.

Back