1/4 and 1/6 Hot Toys Batman TDKR Announcement

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wonder if they will do a 1/4 Catwoman or Black Widow first. Both are equally famous actresses and Catwoman is a more iconic character and will probably have more screen time than Black Widow.

I wonder if they will do a 1/4 Catwoman or Black Widow first. Both are equally famous actresses and Catwoman is a more iconic character and will probably have more screen time than Black Widow.

They'll prolly just do 2 versions of Batman (BB and TDK/TDKR) and a Joker.

And for the avengers, Iron man mark VI and Mark VI. And next year, Mark I to Mark V all in 1/4 scale.

I think the HT announcement will not bring in anything in the short term. It has 'been done to thwart EB only. When EB produced the god HT announced his, but with all the material that HT has announced we've not yet seen any GOD, only the photo of a body...HT sometimes seems ...desperately frightened by the ideas of others...Microsoft's syndrome?

Maybe this means I can get all the Hot Toys I missed for cheap. Collectors will need moola for more figures.

i kinda hope blitzway become a lot bigger in the 1/6 world... COZ IT'LL BE FUN WATCHING HOWARD TRY TO CRRRRUSH THEM TOO!! MUHHAHAHAHAH

but they probably won't. this ____ with EB seems personal. if my previous theory about howard is wrong, maybe bill ___upped his wife or something.

EDIT: REALLY??? the language censor recognizes effing yiddish??!!! well i'll be.

Whatever... I have no money or space for 1/4. Bring on Bane and Catwoman! Might get a Ra's if he's in the black suit from the end of the movie and my custom never gets finished.

If HT want this 1/4 scale thing to work, they're going to need to do something about their prices. Frankly, if the new 1/6th prices are anything to go by, I can see these being $600+ and I think that even the most hardcore collectors will have a difficult time justifying that, especially when Sideshow will be putting out products in the same scale for a much lower price, articulation or not. If by some chance these things wound up in the $4-500 range, with HT's 1/6th offerings rapidly approaching the $300 mark, I would see that as shooting themselves in the foot.

Granted, there are those who would want to keep their collections exclusively 1/6th, but for a lot of people, bigger is better, and if I could get a bigger figure for $100 more, I'm not going to go for the same thing in 1/6th for almost the same price.

Bottom line: Eventually HT's downfall will be themselves. I love Hot Toys, and I love to collect them, but eventually, they'll outprice even their most loyal customers.

They'll prolly just do 2 versions of Batman (BB and TDK/TDKR) and a Joker.

And for the avengers, Iron man mark VI and Mark VI. And next year, Mark I to Mark V all in 1/4 scale.

I think it would be good if 1/4 was saved for one figure per line, a special one of a kind figure

Kinda like how the DX line started, DX was started to showcase a deluxe one-time character, that has fallen through somewhat with the new Joker 2.0 on its way.

But if there was two 1/4 per year or one per franchise, it'd be unique and special.
A bonus to the line rather than competing scales.

I think it would be good if 1/4 was saved for one figure per line, a special one of a kind figure

Kinda like how the DX line started, DX was started to showcase a deluxe one-time character, that has fallen through somewhat with the new Joker 2.0 on its way.

But if there was two 1/4 per year or one per franchise, it'd be unique and special.
A bonus to the line rather than competing scales.

This would be the way to go I feel, that way they wouldn't canabalize their sales much either and a hell lot more people would be able to keep up

I doubt I'll buy another TDK suit Batman, as my DX is still one of my favorites. However, their 1/4 announcement has revitalized my interest in a TDK suit Batman, as, essentially, it's a totally different scale, and by extension, a totally different figure. I wonder if they'll DX their 1/4 scale stuff. It seems like the perfect format to showcase their deluxe treatment. Hopefully, they keep the multiple faces thing, as that is one of the most innovative things I've seen from any action figure IMO.

I want to see a removable rubber cowl in 1/4 scale, Kenner did it in a 4 inch figure 20 yrs ago, the time has come to make it happen in a realistic way

I've been thinking about it all day, and I will gladly buy a 1/4 scale Batman.

And this makes my debate about buying a 1/6 Batmobile much easier...

...I wont buy one. I'm not spending $700 on a car and $500 on a figure. And people >>>>> cars.

This might actually save me some money. :)

Also 1/4 scale figures take up a heck of a lot less space than 1/6 vehicles. And I am almost maxed out on space already.

I've been thinking about it all day, and I will gladly buy a 1/4 scale Batman.

And this makes my debate about buying a 1/6 Batmobile much easier...

...I wont buy one. I'm not spending $700 on a car and $500 on a figure. And people >>>>> cars.

This might actually save me some money. :)

Also 1/4 scale figures take up a heck of a lot less space than 1/6 vehicles. And I am almost maxed out on space already.

And when the Batmobile comes in at around $500? :huh :lol

Back