Statue 1/3 Prime 1 Studio - Jim Lee - Superman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
1/3 line especially by prime 1 currently is amazing. It's really nice buying a statue and you are not worrying about qc issues.

1/3 line especially by prime 1 currently is amazing. It's really nice buying a statue and you are not worrying about qc issues.

They’ve had qc issues. Batman bust paint issues, Deathstroke had broken legs like Thanos is having plus broken weapons, G1 Optimus Prime light up not working. It’s all luck of the draw with these companies.

Every P1 I’ve received has been amazing with no QC issues. Not every company will be perfect but I can rest easy and not worry about QC issues when a P1 goes on pre-order, the same goes for XM. Sideshow, however, I wait until production pieces roll out before I even consider it.

Don't own any XM but I think they have some sort of suitcase box, that is strapped down or something?

The art box is sturdy cardboard, with metal reinforcements at the corners. The insert is styrofoam, but does have the straps, which work so much better than packing tape to hold the top and bottom together. The straps also make it easier to lift the insert in and out of the art box. The whole arrangement is so sturdy that I've seen some collectors displaying their statues on top of their art boxes.

In the same boat as some of you 1/4 primarily size collectors. I have nothing over 1/4. Superman is my favorite character. I have the SS Premium Format and some smaller Kotobukiya and DC Collectibles. And, “sadly,” I happened upon this masterpiece. I know myself. This will be in my collection. Where and how displayed in my collection? Don’t know, but for any Superman fan into statues, how can you deny yourself this one (of course, $ plays a big factor)?

After purchase however, I must never click on another newer Superman statue coming down the road.

Other than Superman being my 2nd favorite character after Batman, I'm also in the same place as you you.

I have the Rebirth Superman on PO and will probably bite the bullet on this one as well.

I used to be only at 1/4 scale collectors as well. Then came Prime 1. Now I've got three 1/3 scale statues, with I don't know how many more on preorder. It's a slippery slope, but I find that you can have both scales displayed without detracting from either. I just have my 1/3 scales displayed together on the opposite side of the room from my 1/4 scales. Works for me.

from Prime 1 Instagram.. should be up soon.

Attachments

• 28154251_2062275057431539_1161501148457205760_n.jpg
    28154251_2062275057431539_1161501148457205760_n.jpg
    150.9 KB · Views: 117
I love the comments floating around on the Instagram post about how they think the head is still too small for the body (ie. "I thought they were going to make the head bigger") I think these people are looking for P1 to start producing bobbleheads...

I love the comments floating around on the Instagram post about how they think the head is still too small for the body (ie. "I thought they were going to make the head bigger") I think these people are looking for P1 to start producing bobbleheads...

People aren't friends with bigger guys, You add 4 inches of muscle thickness to each shoulder and are therefore the size of a doorway, your head still stays the same size. Just look up any top body builder, Prime 1 nailed this piece.

I wish people fought back about Batman, I think they could have also given Jim Lee's Batman head sculpts a second pass to reach a far better likeness to the artwork, IMO.

I suspect he'll be $1009, same price as Batman.
I was going to say, "I think it'll be more expensive because the sculpted cape and 3 heads will make it so." Then I remembered Batman has a sculpted cape and 3 heads lol. I still feel like the sculpted cape would be more expensive. But as I just wrote that I remembered reading that mixed media objects like capes are more expensive.

So, hopefully the same price as Batman!

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Is there likely to be a difference in price between the version with the sculpted cape and the one with the fabric cape?

The height doesn't bother me, I'm just hoping the base isn't as wide as Batman's.

Is there likely to be a difference in price between the version with the sculpted cape and the one with the fabric cape?

The height doesn't bother me, I'm just hoping the base isn't as wide as Batman's.
No idea. Base looks wider than Batman's

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

:exactly:

I’m using all my rewards on him when he goes up. If he’s around $1200 I’ll get him for free. :rock

nice chunk of rewards GZL.I't really pays to be patient with RWP's, congrats on that.. anytime I get to $100 I use em':lol

Unreal!!! With a few switch out heads, heat vision and the one looking down, this will mmmmake my eyes rain...

yeah' pretty awesome.

At first I wanted him to go with Doomsday.Then looking at the base on both they just don't seem to fit in with each other at all.So this will be a stand alone for now.

Back