Statue 1/3 Prime 1 Studio - Jim Lee - Superman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
See i could have this guy next to for example hush bats (or another batman) then i can change it to have him next to doomsday 1:3. Will work with a fabric cape.

Yea that will work pretty good if your gonna be changing display for him. Think I’d rather have sculpted as I set em and forgot it lol. Just not sure I wanna take a lean risk.

Hmmm..look at this reveal

Artist Jason Fabok has revealed his variant cover for the landmark “Action Comics #1000” issue.
5b170a6a4596964b52586bafdf1e473e.jpg

When is that variant comic due for release?
Superman’s 80th anniversary (April 18)
But I found out that this particular variant cover is exclusive to the*"Yesteryear Comics" comic book store, which will be listing the variant on their Ebay account.

Is it completely out of the question that the cloth cape will just be included in all pieces? Or maybe an exclusive extra?

I guess it just seems like kind of a strange differentiator between totally different versions. It's not like a cloth cape would be a really difficult thing to pack in a box that also included the sculpted cape.

Is it completely out of the question that the cloth cape will just be included in all pieces? Or maybe an exclusive extra?

I guess it just seems like kind of a strange differentiator between totally different versions. It's not like a cloth cape would be a really difficult thing to pack in a box that also included the sculpted cape.
According to Kelvin, they use different mechanisms to attach to the body. So they won't be shipped together. 2 different statues it'll be.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

According to Kelvin, they use different mechanisms to attach to the body. So they won't be shipped together. 2 different statues it'll be.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
Hm, interesting. The cape is a pretty big piece...I would have to think there should be a fairly decent difference in price between the 2 to make people feel like the cloth version is a good idea/worth it.

Hm, interesting. The cape is a pretty big piece...I would have to think there should be a fairly decent difference in price between the 2 to make people feel like the cloth version is a good idea/worth it.

There might not be any price difference, as there are supposedly a lot of collectors who prefer fabric capes over the sculpted option.

In addition, I don't know if this is true or not, but mixed media fabric capes might not save as much money in production as one might think.

Hm. Well, all right then. Basically I just want to see this thing lol. And whether I'll be able to easily integrate it into my collection. I'd definitely sell my 1/4 classic PF to swap it out with.

i was thinking the same thing until I got my first Prime 1 Batman.The box was divided in 3 stacked sections and the cape had it's own section.The capes are very nice thick material with good wiring and can only be folded a certain way length wise.And the wired area that bends around the neck has to fold a certain way so it goes down 3" into the styro.
I would think Supermans would be no different cloth or sculpted.

Attachments

• IMG_9241.JPG
    IMG_9241.JPG
    756.3 KB · Views: 116
Last edited:
P1 boxes are insanely taking space and multiple too

Post from Kelvin from today on FB:

"J would like to say that the team have considered putting both cape option on one statue. They are not stupid or lazy as some people are claiming. That is insulting. As mentioned the mechanism is different. The design is different to ensure that the sculpted cape has the maximum support. From the feedback since the reveal, there are people who demanded for a sculpted cape cause they just don’t like fabric. (Change or lose my order etc). So now P1 has listened and made it happen for the sculpt cape lovers. Seems like some are still not pleased and wants both options together. Well it seems that J and his team effort is pointless since they are stupid and lazy.

Btw I m freaking excited when I zoom in on the costume texture �������� I love big S"

His most recent post:

"Regarding concern about leaning for the sculpted cape, J would like to inform that they will be sticking up a big metal rod up Supes’ ass. Just joking on the ass part but there will be a metal rod for sure. Also they will be experimenting with other ways to solve the leaning issue like for example using lighter material for the cape etc."

28660287_1983742285224819_2765619699983836615_n[1].jpg
28872833_1983742295224818_3631804429698929103_n[1].jpg
28795408_1983742311891483_7577420045447520723_n[1].jpg

Some collectors man. Its one thing to express concern but insulting is just unnecessary. Especially to a company that listens and acts on feedback. Oh well

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back