Statue 1/1 Life-Size Figure - The Child - Sideshow Collectibles

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
When I asked Sideshow why I ordered mine on Jan 30th yet people buying it within last couple weeks are getting theirs and mine is still not shipping, this was the reply-

That was the exact, word for word, copy and paste message they replied to me with apart from instead of saying that they "try to ensure orders are processed in the other they are received", they outright told me that they were:

All pre-orders will be fulfilled in the order they were placed as promptly as possible as we receive stock

Mine has shipped, if I wasn't an absolute corporate shill I'd feel scammed by these shipping and customs fees to the UK.

Also, this shipping straight from HK is annoying because the order status doesn't update on Sideshow straight away, takes like 1-2 days.

Mine shipped too, from Hong Kong. Should be here on Tuesday. DHL reached out with a whooping 124,51 € fee (vat + import fee). This brings the total I‘ve spent on this at 516,10 €. Dayum.

DHL delivered today (Sunday) - no import duty or additional taxes to Australia. :yess:

Has anyone tried to tone down the pink inside the ears yet?

Mine arrived with quite a bit of rouge - I ground up a pale green chalk pastel and I've used it on some of the highlights on the head, the chin and over the cheeks - I'll go for the ears tomorrow as it's quite heavy in there...

Has anyone tried to tone down the pink inside the ears yet?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I left the ears alone on mine. Maybe mine were lighter, but I found the contrast of the pink in the ears to be perfectly fine. It was the heavy pink on the cheeks and nose that I couldn't deal with...

I left the ears alone on mine. Maybe mine were lighter, but I found the contrast of the pink in the ears to be perfectly fine. It was the heavy pink on the cheeks and nose that I couldn't deal with...

Mine is really heavy on one ear and light on the other, it is pretty distracting. I tried to use a damp cloth like I did on the face but didnt get much of a result on the ears.

Overall, to be honest, I am let down. I would probably just return mine if it werent for my wife wanting me to get him in the first place. She never usually shows interest in any collectibles or figures. But honestly I am not terribly impressed with either the paint or hair (which mine barely has any compared to most photos I have seen for some reason). The clothing was done really well, I think, and was easy to futz to get the collar more narrow like on the show.

Mine is really heavy on one ear and light on the other, it is pretty distracting. I tried to use a damp cloth like I did on the face but didnt get much of a result on the ears.

Overall, to be honest, I am let down. I would probably just return mine if it werent for my wife wanting me to get him in the first place. She never usually shows interest in any collectibles or figures. But honestly I am not terribly impressed with either the paint or hair (which mine barely has any compared to most photos I have seen for some reason). The clothing was done really well, I think, and was easy to futz to get the collar more narrow like on the show.

Give a damp magic eraser a try on the ears. Be careful though, it took a lot of pink of the cheek with very little rubbing....

Some pics of my Child! I decided to take the dry magic eraser route and tone down some of the pink on his cheeks and nose area. Didn't want to completely get rid of it so I left it to a point where I think it looks more natural and blends better with the rest of the skin tone. Also decided to punch some hair into the ears and some more hair into the head to blend it and gave him a little trim to make it look a little more accurate IMO. Hope you guys like!

50606767116_0a8bdb939e_b.jpg

50606889727_9b68d1c331_b.jpg

50606024353_059110544c_b.jpg

50606766016_7c42f206fe_b.jpg

50606888747_c15a62703e_b.jpg

50606025853_f40cfa0b70_b.jpg

50606765621_c08fde7df8_b.jpg

Some pics of my Child! I decided to take the dry magic eraser route and tone down some of the pink on his cheeks and nose area. Didn't want to completely get rid of it so I left it to a point where I think it looks more natural and blends better with the rest of the skin tone. Also decided to punch some hair into the ears and some more hair into the head to blend it and gave him a little trim to make it look a little more accurate IMO. Hope you guys like!

50606767116_0a8bdb939e_b.jpg

50606889727_9b68d1c331_b.jpg

50606024353_059110544c_b.jpg

50606766016_7c42f206fe_b.jpg

50606888747_c15a62703e_b.jpg

50606025853_f40cfa0b70_b.jpg

50606765621_c08fde7df8_b.jpg

:clap

Excellent job with both the paint and the hair!

That looks absolutely amazing. Excellent work on the ear hair. Beautiful pics.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

That looks great, not sure why they skipped the hair on the ears. What product(s) did you use for the ear hair?

Awesome work Mattman! He looks so much better with the extra hair on the ears. Can I ask what hair you used, and what tool you used to punch them in?

That looks great, not sure why they skipped the hair on the ears. What product(s) did you use for the ear hair?

Thanks! I used some white hair I had bought from a craft store a couple years ago for a project. For the punching tool I basically followed this tutorial

https://youtu.be/-hHcpEavXsA

But since I didn’t have access to a grinder or an x-acto knife handle, I just used a pair of scissors to cut the back end of the sewing needle, and for the handle I stuck the in the eraser of a pencil and duct taped it so it wouldn’t move.

Thanks! I used some white hair I had bought from a craft store a couple years ago for a project. For the punching tool I basically followed this tutorial

https://youtu.be/-hHcpEavXsA

But since I didn?t have access to a grinder or an x-acto knife handle, I just used a pair of scissors to cut the back end of the sewing needle, and for the handle I stuck the in the eraser of a pencil and duct taped it so it wouldn?t move.

Thanks for the info, might try this, just adds that extra little bit of life to it.

So the material is soft enough to actually punch into it? I assumed it was much harder. (Mine is coming in two days and I'll definitely be adding hair/repainting)

So the material is soft enough to actually punch into it? I assumed it was much harder. (Mine is coming in two days and I'll definitely be adding hair/repainting)

Well the hair that comes on it already is also punched so it would have to be soft enough.

I plan to also trim the hair on mine a bit when I get it. Should be much shorter. I?d love to try putting more hair on the ears but not sure I?ll make the attempt. Looks amazing though. Great work

Will the magic erase end up doing any long term damage to the remaining paint underneath or should it be fine?

Back