【Avengers: Infinity War -1/6th scale Doctor Strange Collectible Figure】

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: 【Avengers: Infinity War -1/6th scale Doctor Strange Collectible Figure】

This sculpt as good as it looks? Was thinking about getting this as alternate sculpt option.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/1-6-Benedi...e=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l9372

Well that's an easy option, thanks. I ordered at BBTS so it'll be 3 months until I get it, so I'll hopefully see in hand photos by then of this.

That does look good. Recast/repaint of the original?

Definitely.

My vid review incl. movie and actor comparison scenes is up:

Some added photos:

007.png

010.png

001.png

023.png

014.png

015.png

More photos on my website: https://www.xenom0rph.com/2019/01/hot-toys-dcotor-strange-avengers.html

Nice work Xeno.

The more I see of both variants pictured together, the more I prefer the likeness on the first. I do like the Infinity War version - it's an excellent interpretation of Benedict Cumberbatch as Dr. Strange, but the first just looks more screen accurate to me.

I'd have to rewatch both movies, but to me they appear to accurately represent him looking very slightly different in the two movies. Even long haired Thor looked quite different face and hair wise between Thor and the first half of Ragnarok..

My vid review incl. movie and actor comparison scenes is up:

Yes nice review Xeno. Especially like the film comparisons. Why hasn't anyone else ever done that ?

I can definitely see the pluses and minuses of both. And they do both look great. But my decision is easy. I don't have the first, I'm not going to hunt down and pay more for the first, and I have the second pre-ordered.

Plus the second fits better to my Thanos and IW lineup.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Honestly if they had just put a slight bit of hanging bits of hair on his forehead, this would look more accurate and a lot better. There is only a couple scenes with his hair all pulled back like that and a LOT more scenes with that little bit hanging down on his right temple. Also they don't have the hair quite right even like it is, which i think is what is bothering me most. They have it kinda suave and pulled back looking, when it really should be more kinda of standing up.

See what i mean:
23-doctor-strange.w700.h700.jpg
doctorstrange.jpg
GettyImages-518934282.jpg
I think it's laying down just a tad.

Actually now that i look at it i think those last 2 images are from the movie and not IW.

I think they made the sides of his hair too wide, giving him a flat top 'Hammer head' appearance. I bet if someone photoshoped the sides to make the head narrower, it would vastly improve the likeness.

I think those movie pictures just prove that the sculpt is actually pretty damn close.

I also think that a lot of people are struggling with the fact that Cumberbatch has a really weird shaped head and the fact that the head looks weird is accurate. The first version was a bit stylized.

He's a weird looking guy and he definitely has the hammerhead thing going on lol

It’s not perfect, but one can easily look at it and tell it’s supposed to be Cumberbatch. Hurry up Hot Toys and get more of these out. I need him on my shelf

This sculpt as good as it looks? Was thinking about getting this as alternate sculpt option.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/1-6-Benedi...e=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l9372

That’s false advertisement. The sculpt has all the signature marks of of a hot toys genuine sculpt. The day a knockoff produces eyes like that is the day hot toys goes out of business. This is what you will most likely get... the smashed head recast
96681420e5a4a377bb7e24eb5235d1fb.png
3ac304165620789d1fee06cfb7b1a743.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Here are some more pics, I have been going through lots of reviews and comparison videos recently.

This second Strange is a good thing.

BB39BBCE-C12A-4648-B0C8-A5EC229ED0C2.jpeg

BF18FBA9-615C-42CD-A2E5-953A0602B71B.jpg

Any ideas when we will be getting him stateside?

Any ideas when we will be getting him stateside?

Shipping has been very unreliable the last few months. It could show up anytime between the end of this month to june :dunno

Shipping has been very unreliable the last few months. It could show up anytime between the end of this month to june :dunno

Nice signature man ! Quietly looking forward to see Miss Marvel :lol

Back