‘The Circle is now Complete’ Diorama - Obi-Wan vs Darth Vader

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Poop--I got the time wrong---now another PPO is up---hope I can still be early for waitlist

I would LOVE to see that pic!:D

Here ya go! Taken at SDCC with the cover off the display.

100_2007.jpg

Was at work and ready to order when I got preoccupied with work and remembered 16 minutes later. Stupid work!!

So what's the background made out of?

It looks a little three dimensional in the pictures.

Seems like Sideshow is starting to produce lower numbers of exclusives.

I was just thinking that. Seems like alot of things this year have been getting low #'s. Is there a thread on SSC product and edition sizes?

Not positive what it is made of. Maybe we could get an answer from Sideshow Brant.

As far as edition sizes... Sideshow is certainly scaling back a bit. The economy is playing a major factor in that. I'd wager casual collectors and fans just aren't buying this type of stuff right now. Even Gentle Giant has begun scaling back as well. Certainly a sign of the times. When you have to choose between food or Star Wars... food should win! Especially when so many people are outta work or fearing they might be out of work.

So true Swabie.Times are tough out there.
Im only working part time and still looking for something full time. Basically just getting my absolute favorite characters from SSC and HT.

Here ya go! Taken at SDCC with the cover off the display.

8wf887.jpg

I think that photo doesn't add anything to the dio, in fact it takes the spot off from the 2 characters, as the viewer wants to see what is happening in the background and tends to ignore Vader and Obi...

The backround makes it look so much better to me. Otherwise it looks like they are fighting in some movie studio against a blank screen... there is no context. But to each his own.

The backround makes it look so much better to me. Otherwise it looks like they are fighting in some movie studio against a blank screen... there is no context. But to each his own.

Totally agree. Kinda hard to miss Vader and Obi fighting. The background adds some depth to the Dio.

I think the background will look 'better' when it's on your shelf. Just sitting on a table in a large Hall doesn't cut it.

I almost wish that they had backgrounds for all the pieces. I don't think it would look as good for all of them though since the hanger creates a nice frame for the picture that the others would lack. But I think it would add a nice touch to the dios.

I think the background will look 'better' when it's on your shelf. Just sitting on a table in a large Hall doesn't cut it.

Not sure if this will help. The focus is on the background, or at least would have been better to have the background as you the owner were Luke and looked to Vader and Obi fighting. With the Falcon and stormtroopers in background photo it takes away the focus from the two characters. It should have looked like 1:35 in the following video, with the Imperial wall background (even then if the doors are in the front):

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/rjCyZ2P9bCA&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/rjCyZ2P9bCA&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Back