Zombieland TV Series from Amazon

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MrRabba

Super Freak
Reaction score
Update: Pilot is now available for free streaming in the US at the link below and on LoveFilm in the UK

zombland_zpsddf889f6.jpg

[ame="https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00CE18P0K?ie=UTF8&force-full-site=1&ref_=aw_bottom_links"]https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00CE18P0K?ie=UTF8&force-full-site=1&ref_=aw_bottom_links[/ame]

Couldn't see a thread here but no doubt you've heard about this.

Thoughts? The pilot is due to be released for free on Amazon and the critical response will set the decision whether or not it will go to series.

Judging from the trailer below, I can't see this sitting well with fans of the movie (which was originally intended to be a TV series to begin with, featuring the zombie kill of the week).

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v_7Zc7PuAVU[/ame]

zombielandposter.jpg

Last edited:
It just looks like something someone did for a college project or some fan fiction. Zero interest.

I hear ya brother, I'm feeling much the same! If the show featured new characters instead of a complete recast then perhaps it could have worked.

Much rather have a direct movie sequel!

Yeah, looks like garbage. The success of Walking Dead should be capitalized on by other networks and outlets like Amazon/Netflix. . .but this is the wrong way.

I hear ya brother, I'm feeling much the same! If the show featured new characters instead of a complete recast then perhaps it could have worked.

Yea, trying to recast people as well known as Woody and Emma, that really makes it feel like fan fiction.

Except, on top of that the production values are way way low. Poor effects, mediocre zombies, "Zombie kill of the week!" really? You shot him with a gun? oh how inventive! if thats the kill of the week that's really sad. :lol

Haha! I believe they planned the zombie kill of the week to be inventive, similar to the scene in the movie where the old lady rings the bell and then a creeping zombie is killed with a piano dropped from the roof lol.

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Sr-BoDclLo[/ame]

As a big fan of the movie, I'll no doubt watch the pilot out of sheer curiosity but I'm pessimistic at best.

I just wish they would deliver a proper sequel and atleast use the reaction from this to see that there's still interest from the fans.

Last edited:
Didn't know those were supposed to be the same people. I'm really thinking that isn't supposed to be Woody Harrelson's character as it seems to be showing his backstory.

I hoped that was the case but it seems they are indeed recasts. From an article on Screenrant -

In addition to the announcement of filming, it has been confirmed that actor Kirk Ward (The Island) has been picked to play Tallahassee, a role previously played by*Woody Harrelson. Ward joins a cast of relatively unknown actors that includes Tyler Ross (Columbus), Maiara Walsh (Wichita), and Izabel Vidovic (Little Rock).

Sorry buddy, missed that there!

I hoped that was the case but it seems they are indeed recasts. From an article on Screenrant -

In addition to the announcement of filming, it has been confirmed that actor Kirk Ward (The Island) has been picked to play Tallahassee, a role previously played by*Woody Harrelson. Ward joins a cast of relatively unknown actors that includes Tyler Ross (Columbus), Maiara Walsh (Wichita), and Izabel Vidovic (Little Rock).

Well ****.

It sucks indeed!

I hate to sell the creators of the movie short on this one as they have been overseeing the show's production. Maybe the pilot as a whole won't be so terrible?

We'll see lol.

Last edited:

looks pretty bad, but this is the same thing I was thinking. why recast the characters.
They didn't even do a good job at recasting. They should have just start with a new group or something.

looks pretty bad, but this is the same thing I was thinking. why recast the characters.
They didn't even do a good job at recasting. They should have just start with a new group or something.

Looking at the trailer, this prolly has a budget of $500. So recasting was in order.

As for what they should started with, they should have put a end to this garbage. It looks like some silly youtube parody skit.

From what I've read, Amazon produced around 12 pilots and only a handful will be picked up. Chances are a better budget would be put in place if continued, though that doesn't matter if the chemistry isn't there with the cast we're given.

Looking at the trailer, this prolly has a budget of $500. So recasting was in order.

As for what they should started with, they should have put a end to this garbage. It looks like some silly youtube parody skit.

yeah I get that this is pretty low budget so there is no way they could get the original actors.

But they didn't even do a good job at finding a guy that looked like Tallahassee, At all :lol

I'm pretty sure I read that it was an intentional decision to go in a different direction in look when recasting Tallahassee. Probably because Harrelson is too hard an act to follow.

The original cast as far as I'm concerned owned those roles, recasting was a bad decision.

Could be an alright b-movie indy zombie comedy show ... if they can manage to make the half-assed production value and low-rent actors charming, rather than annoying.

It certainly ain't Zombieland, though.

SnakeDoc

Back