TMNT The Complete Series

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mr.Zero

Super Freak
Reaction score
https://www.ign.com/articles/2012/0...ja-turtles-the-complete-classic-series-on-dvd

Out in November 23-disc set!!

[ame]https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B009474UW4?ie=UTF8&force-full-site=1&ref_=aw_bottom_links[/ame]

51RiumKsF2L_SL500_AA300_.jpg

Last edited:
I liked this show as a kid. I bought B:TAS and Gargoyles as an adult and I think they hold up well. Will these? I sort of doubt it. But I do hope Netflix streams them! I'd love to see it for pure nolstagia.

I liked this show as a kid. I bought B:TAS and Gargoyles as an adult and I think they hold up well. Will these? I sort of doubt it. But I do hope Netflix streams them! I'd love to see it for pure nolstagia.

Argument invalid. Your avatar is my little ponies :lol

Totally agree with this.

Totally agree with this.

MLP is a funny show children and adults (female or male) can enjoy. It's light hearted silly colorful fun to break up my usual palette of dark and serious stuff. It's my belief that B:TAS, Gargoyles, and A:TLAB are the greatest children's cartoons made for adults. I think anything from the '80s is simply enjoyable by folks like us for pure nolstagia. They were commercials for toys! Is the series as good or better than the live-action films? I remember those more than the cartoon.

Totally agree with this.

Totally agree with this.

:rotfl

I watched the Ghostbusters cartoon recently and I think it still hold up pretty well.

Never watched that as a kid (I was born in '87, when was that on?) but I honestly don't think the MOVIE (which I grew up watching) holds up well :monkey3

I felt different about the Real GB series than Ben. I bought the first season for a song, and couldn't sit through more than a couple of episodes. But in truth, I wasn't all that nostalgic for it like I am for GI Joe or Transformers (shows I can watch over and over again), or even Superfriends (that I can watch and enjoy, even if they don't have much replay value).

I still enjoy a lot of the old cartoons from times past, though. GI Joe, Ghostbusters, He-Man, Transformers, Robotech, Garfield, and the list goes on and on. There were many great 90s cartoons from my childhood as well that I won't mention.

I thought J. Michael Straczynski did a really good job on a lot of the episodes of Real Ghostbusters. The ones with the Boogeyman and Samhain stand out as a couple of my favorites. There are definitely some silly things in those old 80s cartoons, but it's part of their charm for me.

Then again I also like weird modern shows like My Little Pony, Adventure Time, Regular Show and The Aquabats, so my opinion is a little skewed.

Me and my friends played through the entire Ninja Turtles arcade game on free play at a really cool arcade this past weekend, so I'm kind of in a Ninja Turtles mood right now.

I may have not been watching the good episodes. I did watch the hell out of that show on Saturday mornings and, later, after school.

Another cartoon that doesn't seem to hold up to me was Thundercats. That one is a bit of a chore for me to sit through. Same for Masters of the Universe. Transformers is just pure joy to me, though. And I love the little bits of veiled, and often ironic social commentary tossed into GI Joe episodes.

And I've got that arcade game on my X-Box 360.

To be honest, even as a kid I never really enjoyed the Thundercats. He-Man is corny and a little weird, but I still find it pretty humorous and entertaining. Transformers is great, but Blurr has always annoyed me to no end. I hate him.

I have Turtles in Time on my PS3, but this was the original arcade game. I haven't played it in a really long time. If only they had the X-Men arcade machine there. Then it would be ultimate.

Loved Gargoyles. Was one of the most well thought out kids shows ever with its continuing plotlines, tangents of history and so on.

Back to TMNT i've got the first and second seasons. Favourite episode is the one where they get shrunk.

To be honest, even as a kid I never really enjoyed the Thundercats. He-Man is corny and a little weird, but I still find it pretty humorous and entertaining. Transformers is great, but Blurr has always annoyed me to no end. I hate him.

I have Turtles in Time on my PS3, but this was the original arcade game. I haven't played it in a really long time. If only they had the X-Men arcade machine there. Then it would be ultimate.
Yeah, post-movie (animated--only one I acknowledge) Transformers isn't very good. Only 1984-1985 for me.

And I was referring to the arcade game. You can download it. Same for X-Men, actually, which I have for the PS3. They also have other classics like Final Fight, and the Simpsons I believe.

On a related note, I've recently been getting back into video game emulators, and all those games are available for download on a system called MAME, alongside lots of others like the Street Fighter games, Strider, Spider-Man, Double Dragon, Pac-Man, etc.

TMNT, Thudercats, Ronin Warriors, Dragonball Z, Power Rangers, Ghost Busters, Batman: The Animated Series, X-men, Spider-man and Tom and Jerry. Ahhh, the memories. :D

Back