Your Shelves Suck

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If I had the money for a collection that size I'd just invest in a Batmobile and fight crime.

This doubles as his house as well, but I think a lot of people are being blown away more so by the display rather than the collection. I mean, if he has been collecting for 15 years, I counted around 175 pieces, maybe max of 200, that is only around 12-15 pieces per year, a lot of them were relatively inexpensive compared to what prices are now. Some collectors on this board, myself included, spend more on there collection per year than this guy. Now, as for his display, it is better than all of ours combined, wonder how much he spent on it, probably spent more on the display than the collection :lol Still an awesome collection, very impressive.

Well it's definitely the house that is the most impressive, he could be collecting stamps in that glass house and it would still make people's jaws drop. I wonder what country this is from.

He can probably buy every single SSC PF, It would be cool to see all the Marvel PF characters ever made displayed all together, not the variants but just each individual character, it would be a cool way of seeing every single character ever made in a group shot. He can have a separate Marvel section then a DC section, and an Alien/Pred section, etc..

---

I've seen this already. VERY impressive! Though with that budget and $$$$$$ I'd go for more unique pieces, maybe screen used.

I've seen this already. VERY impressive! Though with that budget and $$$$$$ I'd go for more unique pieces, maybe screen used.

Hell at least custom paint the SS pieces. SS has some amazing sculpts but the paint could be light years better.

So whats more impressive? The house that houses the collection or the collection itself?

So whats more impressive? The house that houses the collection or the collection itself?

I don't collect statues, so I don't really care about the majority of the collection at all - but the house, and the spaces available for displaying things, are stupendous.

This doubles as his house as well, but I think a lot of people are being blown away more so by the display rather than the collection. I mean, if he has been collecting for 15 years, I counted around 175 pieces, maybe max of 200, that is only around 12-15 pieces per year, a lot of them were relatively inexpensive compared to what prices are now. Some collectors on this board, myself included, spend more on there collection per year than this guy. Now, as for his display, it is better than all of ours combined, wonder how much he spent on it, probably spent more on the display than the collection :lol Still an awesome collection, very impressive.
Yeah, my collection is probably five times this size, a combination of statues, built models and figures of all sorts, but it's in an area probably 1/20 this size. I would need his whole house to display that way. The display is just so impressive, it blows my mind. Oh well, I'll just have to be content with my shoe horn style of displaying.

That house is absolutely epic on every level possible.

The collection itself is amazing, but for the kind of money he spent on the house/museum I would have figured he could have had some custom or life size collectibles instead of mass produced with questionable QC Sideshow statues. But it sure does look impressive. I've never seen any Sideshow collection look that great.

I am totally Jealous of course,
BUT

I wonder what kind of enjoyment you could get out of all that? It like TOO much....at some point it seems like its just a hoarding type of thing. Buy it just cause you can? I dunno it seems a little weird to me...any one else?

I just cant see someone really valuing all of that beyond saying " yea , I buy them all

Even if I had the dough, I wouldn't buy them all, just because some of them are not that good? Maybe just sour grapes.....

This guy probably owns the factory that produce all of our statues, hahaha. jK

And what I figured out awhile back when living in an apartment, is that you need a big house to display a great collection. I used to have one bookcase-like piece full of figures but I still had a closet full of figures that didn't make to the stage.

This guy may have bought the house to display the collection.

And what I figured out awhile back when living in an apartment, is that you need a big house to display a great collection. I used to have one bookcase-like piece full of figures but I still had a closet full of figures that didn't make to the stage.

This guy may have bought the house to display the collection.

He designed and built the house specifically with his collection display in mind.

Back