Your Favorite Episode and Show

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
First question: Are you a guy? Second question: Are you single?:lol
I agree and relate to so much of what you said it's crazy :)

Do you know how many times I watched Becoming part 2? I even taped the Full of Grace song on to tape and listened to it over again, although annoyed that Joyce's voice had to be on it :lol
I started Buffy from the beginning, but would have been in year 11 by the time I saw the end of Season 2. One of the funniest thing was my year 12 English teacher was a huge Buffy fan and he even brought the show up during class at times.

I also LOVED Roswell and John Doe. Roswell had 3 great seasons, it even got me into reading the books, even though they were vastly different. John Doe was such an interesting show, I was so disappointed when it was cancelled. Dominic Purcell is an Aussie, so I started watching it when I heard he was going to be in it. I haven't seen it for so many years now, is it available on dvd anywhere, I would love to see it again.

Supernatural of course is a must watch for me and have been hooked on that from the very beginning.

TOP SHOW LIST:
The X-Files
Buffy
Battlestar Galactica
Supernatural
La Femme Nikita
Farscape
LOST
Friends

I am a guy, in touch with his 'feminine' side and not afraid to admit it! :lecture I'm as masculine as can be, but I got to admit, you put me in front of an episode of Buffy and I turn into a sap. :lol I don't know how someone, like Whedon, can create such 'winning formula,' but my hat goes off to the guy because he did it.

Supernatural is another show from the 'same vein.' It just works so well and on the plus side, doesn't make a sap out of me. (Buffy is enough. Lol) Kripke was a genius having pitched those first, 5 seasons the way he did to The WB/CW. To have that much awesomeness already planned out is pretty amazing, in hindsight.

As for Doe, I think at one time (in the not-so-distant past) Hulu.com had all of the episodes streaming for free. It might even still be there. I'll check into it and let you know. Purcell is one heck of an actor. I really enjoyed his work in Prison Break as well.

Another show I totally forgot to mention and most deserving of top honors was Smallville! It had its' 'ups and downs,' but again, any show that lasts 10 seasons did something right. It was another show I practically grew up with. Rosenbaum was[\U] Lex Luthor. I don't know if I've ever seen an actor embody a superhero-based villain THAT well. Again, I could on and on, but will save that for another thread.

Checking out the others on your list, I never finished the entire X-Files series and sadly, I own all of the seasons. I've just never taken the time. I did see LOST and thought it was brilliant. The writers for that show were something great. I actually didn't start watching though until it had practically ended its run, so I was behind on the hype at the time. Now, I can definitely appreciate why.

Nice list.

Roswell is a great show. I love that show so much, I had to buy it on DVD as well.

Supernatural is fantastic as well. What I'd do for Sam, Dean, and Cas statues.

Roswell is a great show. I love that show so much, I had to buy it on DVD as well.

Supernatural is fantastic as well. What I'd do for Sam, Dean, and Cas statues.

Tell me about - somebody pick up Supernatural already:wave

I also loved Smallville. I did a whole rewatch before the show ended last year as I'd missed from season 6 onwards. Really enjoyed it though and it did well to go for 10 seasons.

My always-changing top 10 goes like this (as of 02/19/2012):

01. Buffy the Vampire Slayer
02. Mad Men
03. Community
04. Firefly
05. Six Feet Under
06. Dollhouse
07. The X-Files
08. Battlestar Galactica
09. Xena: Warrior Princess
10. Freaks & Geeks

I love everything Whedon has done so far. However, I never loved "Angel" as much as his other shows. Yes, even "Dollhouse" means much more to me than "Angel". That's why it didn't make the top 10. I will always defend "Dollhouse". Despite its many inconsistencies and flaws, I think it's a passionate, commited, complex show that made me think and feel so much. I will always thank Whedon for that show. And of course Zed and Maurissa, because in the end, it was more like their show than Joss'

For me It's roughly goes like this...

1) Buffy
2) Angel
3) Dexter
4) Dr Who
5) Babylon 5
6) Being Human
7) X Files
8) Torchwood
9) Farscape
10) Mad Men

1. Buffy
2. Angel
3. Dexter
4. Farscape
5. Xena Warrior Princess
6. Battlestar Galactica (new)
7. Babylon 5
8. Star Trek Voyager
9. Star Trek Next Generation
10. Star Trek DS9

There. Firefly is a teen on my list. Just too short a run to establish a real rapport.

Don't you people ever laugh? :wink1:

My Top Ten:
1. The Simpsons (Seasons 2 through 8)
2. Daria
3. Friends
4. Futurama (first run)
5. Dr. Katz

*then we can get all serious*

6. Star Trek Deep Space 9
7. Buffy the Vampire Slayer
8. Star Trek The Next Generation
9. Homicide: Life on the Streets
10. Babylon 5

Honourable mention: The X- Files, Angel, The Wire, and Bramwell.

Like but fatally flawed:
Doctor Who - too sentimental, or rather the sentiment is forced rather than flowing naturally
Battlestar Galactica (new) - the writing completely fell part in s4
Dexter - just cannot get that excited about a psychotic murderer – must be a character flaw on my part :)

On a side note, I just found John Doe on Hulu, Sidewinder. The ENTIRE series. :rock Be sure to check it out.

Favourite episodes from Whedon's shows:

"The Zeppo" (Buffy)
"The Body" (Buffy)
"Chosen" (Buffy)
"A Hole in the World" (Angel)
"Not Fade Away" (Angel)
"Out of Gas" (Firefly)
But probably my favourite episode out of all the shows would be "Belonging" from Dollhouse.

Firefly for me.

Out of Gas - This one episode is some of the best TV ever produced imo

Ariel - I really liked the series until I saw this episode. After watching this episode and Out of Gas back to back, I fell in love with the show.

Honorable mentions for me

Jaynestown - An episode focusing on Jayne. Nuff said

War Stories - A very intense episode but I loved the banter between Mal and Wash.

I have seen bits and pieces of Buffy and Angel but still haven't had a chance to watch all the seasons of each. One day though.

Buffy - Hush, honorable mention for the Pack and Once more with Feeling

Angel - Over the Rainbow and sequels

Firefly - too tough to call between Our Mrs. Reynolds and Jaynestown

Reading this thread and thinking about which episodes are my favorites makes me want to watch all 3 series again. Maybe I will start by watching Dollhouse all the way through since I don't think I finished it last time, then I can go to Buffy, then Angel, and save the best for last (since I'm already wearing the DVDs out).

I'm re-watching 'Welcome to the Hellmouth,' and it's like falling in love all over again. :love

Back