"yoda bust sideshow" worth it?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So you 're sayin that Tom Gilliland is an incompetent?

I don't know who 'Tom' is, and I didn't say he or anyone was incompetent.

All I'm saying is that this particular piece could have been a lot better and for the same amount of investment, if only the person in charge of art directing it was a bit more knowledgeable of the subject matter as well as had a more critical eye for detail.

Part of being a good project manager is knowing when and who to surround yourself with when taking on a project such as this.

I'd also go as far to apply that same sentiment to the 1:1 Vader, Emperor, Maul, as well as the scaled Vader figure.

Ahh ok..much clear now.You are sayin that Tom Gillian does not have a critical eye for details....I Understand now.

Is this Tom person the one responsible for this yoda?
I know the guy personally who sculpted it, but from what you seem to be implying is that 'Tom' is the one who art directed it.

You seem to be intent on putting words in my mouth that I'm not actually saying.

Wow, awesome score... hope it arrives w/o issue. You got one heck of a deal :duff

That's a great deal indeed! :clap

I don't mean any offence here but I think the comparisons of a one-of custom and the SS Yoda cloud the waters quite a bit; while the custom is amazing (and I do think it is) it isn't a bust, isn't anywhere near the same price-point and isn't mass-produced. Reading this thread it has become a thinly veiled self promotion instead of answering the question of whether or not the SS piece is worth the asking price. The SS Yoda might have some screen inaccuracies; though I think it does a good job blending the different looks of Yoda throughout the saga, and that is fine to point out - and applies to the original question, my opinion however is that these threads get de-railed so often and end up comparing apples and oranges.

:peace

wrestlingfakejh61.gif

I knew wrestling was real....TOLD YA!

Back