[XM Studios] Phoenix

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yup, they're the ones I'm waiting for and the only factory who guaranteed to nail the details, so it's gonna take a bit more for the printed master, hopefully it's worth it.

I am going to say ... IF your guy hasn't already merged the hair to the head in the subtool menu you could key the hair seperately. Loo,nf at it as is I don't know of the head is castable with the hair attached to it with all of the flyaways. We could discuss it via PM if you would like to

Ownage confirmed they can print it as is without needing changes so this time it seems we've lucked out and keying the hair is not necessary, gonna do it on all future pieces just to be 100% sure. Btw, sure, shooting you a PM with some details

Ownage confirmed they can print it as is without needing changes so this time it seems we've lucked out and keying the hair is not necessary, gonna do it on all future pieces just to be 100% sure. Btw, sure, shooting you a PM with some details

That would be preferred if you could do it as one whole piece. GL!

PM should be in your inbox.

That would be preferred if you could do it as one whole piece. GL!

Not necessarily from a moulding, casting, and painting point of view. Many of the pieces you see have the hair added to them later because you simply can not get a clean pull out of your mould if you don't. The number of air bubbles that can build up in all of the different fly aways of a hairsculpt is insane IF your can't control where you fill it from. Sorry I am getting a little technical here, just having done this now and SEEN it in the flesh it is a totally awesome thing to do, but the technical issues are HUGE.

PM should be in your inbox.

Not necessarily from a moulding, casting, and painting point of view. Many of the pieces you see have the hair added to them later because you simply can not get a clean pull out of your mould if you don't. The number of air bubbles that can build up in all of the different fly aways of a hairsculpt is insane IF your can't control where you fill it from. Sorry I am getting a little technical here, just having done this now and SEEN it in the flesh it is a totally awesome thing to do, but the technical issues are HUGE.
Fair enough. As long as the subject doesn't look like it's wearing a wig or toupee. If I can see a gap between the hair and head, I'll pass.

Got some new photo gear. Better lighting. So had to try and take some new pictures of Phoenix.

Canon 5D Mark II
Canon 24-105mm f/4L
Handheld

IMG_4084.jpgIMG_4086.jpgIMG_4088.jpgIMG_4090.jpgIMG_4094.jpgIMG_4098.jpgIMG_4099.jpg

Love the pics DarthChris! The details on the feathers on the PF really pop. I think it says a lot to the presence of the XM Phoenix when it was the first statue that you chose to photograph. Congrats on the new rig!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That is a double besta. She only leaves about 13 1/2" left for the next shelf. Unless you turn her a little bit, her left arm will stick out by about 1/2 an inch or so.

Thats perfect, this helps alot, i have to plan to make space for it and have to move some statues around :) Thank You!

I won her on eBay. My two xm contacts were all sold out. Should have acted sooner. The pictures and reviews sold me on her.

Back