[XM Studios] Phoenix

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Same here. I'm patiently waiting to see this statue put all together. So curious and excited to see it.

Thoughts on a trade of PCS 1/3 Akuma for an XM Phoenix?

I don't collect SF, so Phoenix gets my vote... but the PCS SF line, 1:4 scale at least, is very sought after in the aftermarket. Right now, $ for $ it would seem like an even trade. However, Phoenix has the potential to reach $3k+, like Mags.

Thoughts on a trade of PCS 1/3 Akuma for an XM Phoenix?

Man don't do it. Akuma may have the lower ES but with Marvel tightening up their X-men licence, and XM's hold on it being very time sensitive, we may not see another for a long while. Unless you have a spare Phoenix to trade that is, but I'd probably still hold on to that just in case I miss out on another pre-order.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Man don't do it. Akuma may have the lower ES but with Marvel tightening up their X-men licence, and XM's hold on it being very time sensitive, we may not see another for a long while. Unless you have a spare Phoenix to trade that is, but I'd probably still hold on to that just in case I miss out on another pre-order.

I'm the one with the 1/3 Akuma.

I'm the one with the 1/3 Akuma.

I thought that you already had one secured? My view is obviously quite biased. :lol

Maybe you should hold onto it. The prices for the reg will surely get higher once it starts shipping. Look at how much Magneto's price skyrocketed when people started receiving it in hand. Plus we might get a base value on Phoenix's price by the time Akuma comes out. The trade might go in Akuma's favour by then.

I think its a strange trade but pick a statue after some research i dont know much about 1/3 akuma haha,
I wonder if we ever see a mags/Phoenix trade time will tell.

I think they are both going to be outstanding. The XM Phoenix is beautiful and the only 1/4 scale Phoenix. The 1/3rd Akuma is the last Jerry will ever sculpt and the anatomy on it is crazy.

... But I bet the sentiment is reversed if you ask on the VG Forum :wink1:

I'd say you'd be right. If I ask in the Akuma thread they'd probably say keep the Akuma. They truly are both standouts. We have seen Akuma in final form but have yet to see the final Phoenix.

I'd say you'd be right. If I ask in the Akuma thread they'd probably say keep the Akuma. They truly are both standouts. We have seen Akuma in final form but have yet to see the final Phoenix.

True there is a chance that XM will do the Dark Phoenix or am I hoping to much here, anyway akuma is a last tribute in a way? I did not know that so thats something to think about idd.

XM might make a Dark Phoenix, but it will be a new sculpt. They don't do variants. With that said and no announcement yet from XM regarding that, then she won't be made for sometime ...if not, ever because XM has a time limited license.

Back