XM Studios Magneto

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's crazy. Do you think this will impact the price of the authentic statue?

I think it already has affected the price quite a bit. At its peak it wasn't uncommon to hear of this going for $3500 and up, but now I have seen at as low as $2000-$2500. The more of these that get made the more the price will be affected

Pretty sure not many people would drop $3K for this nowadays. You could get 3 1:3 Prime1

Pretty sure not many people would drop $3K for this nowadays. You could get 3 1:3 Prime1

I still see people on FB buying them for that much. I just sold mine for 3k a month or so ago.

Would be nice to see this statue's price drop lower and lower so I can repurchase one later down the road.

I think it already has affected the price quite a bit. At its peak it wasn't uncommon to hear of this going for $3500 and up, but now I have seen at as low as $2000-$2500. The more of these that get made the more the price will be affected

Damn 2000-2500? Haven't seen that yet lol.

Don't think price has dropped for this because of the recasts. Even the recast cost $1.5k :lol
I'd rather pay an additional $1k for the real deal.

But yes, if you're on FB group, you can find one $2.5-2.8k
Betcha if you put "BUYING XM MAG $2.8k" someone will PM you quick

I own the statue and I have to say, if those are pics of an actual recast, it looks pretty damn good imo

I can definitely see that happening if these flood ebay. If these go against ebay policy then obviously ebay is slacking if they are allowing these to stay on there. How would ebay protect a buyer in the case of buying one of these if the seller states its authentic when it really isn't though? Pretty screwy

They call it the official China version not xm version it's a loop hole. This way it's not called a bootleg. Reminds me of all the tf bootlegs that killed the prices of the real toys.

everyone thinking the recasts wont affect the original authentic version are probably people that own it and hoping it doesn't. You just have to look at the IM com years ago that sank faster than the titanic once the recasts started pretty much wrecking the market. The only thing this one has going for it is the identification and serial numbers to call in to xm and make sure you have legit one. Still though for every person out there that buys the recast for less is one less person that will push or hold the price of the original up. I hope for people that have paid the huge dollars for the originals that this doesn't happen, but it only makes sense that it will have an affect down the road.

I totally missed it all after I left the thread, but I figured it wasn't going to be pretty.....:lol

Thinking it could just be someone on here having a bit of fun though.....not really all that fun to be honest as people don't like recasters of course, but for a price they will sell and wreck others investments for sure..

Back