XM Studios Magneto

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've seen the Ebay auction and its pics, there are a lot of details: pics from afar are clearly photoshopped/tweaked to make it seem the paint app is good as the original. The closeup pics revealed that the Cerebro helmet has nowhere near the smooth/slightly reflective application of the original, it's dull, flat grey with paint bleeds. His left thumb, the one attached to Cerebro, didn't fit in the hand properly, you could clearly see the seam... I mean, it was disaligned from his hand. Also, in these closeup pics, the background is a little blurry but you could tell that the face had nowhere the detailed paint application of the original.

Basically, only someone who has no clue of how the original looks like could fall for it and mistake it for the real one. Not saying it wouldn't happen because I've seen people falling for stuff that was obviously fake (i.e. the Hulk vs Spidey diorama, the recast looks painted with crayons).

The only people who might know the difference is the ones who owns one and looks at it a lot very closely. Otherwise how would any others know who doesn't own it? Put one at a Lcs and 99.9% will ever know the differences. I can see the recast guys doing GR, venom, THanos, etc....

The only people who might know the difference is the ones who owns one and looks at it a lot very closely. Otherwise how would any others know who doesn't own it? Put one at a Lcs and 99.9% will ever know the differences. I can see the recast guys doing GR, venom, THanos, etc....

There's a lot of things that go into identifying an XM piece. Besides the fact that the casting and paint apps are stellar on XM pieces, there's also the packaging/box. XM's boxes are very sturdy and well made and comes with 2 velcro straps. Not to mention the registration code. If you can't register the statue, it's obviously fake. Recasters usually won't go all out on recasting a piece. Packaging or the statute itself can look subpar. There may be no edition size or writing at all on the bottom of the base. Also, where is the statue being sold from? China is notorious for recasting so I wouldn't even think of buying a statue from someone selling out of that country.

In the case of the XM Magneto, are the wires in the Sentinel hand real wires or sculpted? There are things that give a recast away but the buyer has to do his homework and ask a lot of questions. Especially when dealing with grail pieces that cost tall $$$$.

I have yet to see pics that confirm the claim about the recast being so similar to the original.

Well, at least the listing openly says it's a recast. Collectors knows it's fake. I feel badly for peeps that drop BiG $$$ on recasts thinking that they're the real deal.

FYI !!!
Pictures of recast. I think its funny that last pic shows bottom of base and it still says XM with no serial number. So crazy they would copy base writing instead of leaving it blank.

25956375812_09377a8ac8_h.jpg

25776053710_f52da60237_h.jpg

26048894755_1a5ad811ad_h.jpg

25982546931_5d837474ba_b.jpg

25956382392_73b378baa5_b.jpg

25776059210_ff1e8dfad4_h.jpg

25444144874_4ab1616c32_b.jpg

25982551911_9dfaaec456_b.jpg

25776062090_fed237dd02.jpg

Recast's are nothing but Counterfeits. Plain and Simple. They are supposed to be Banned on Ebay.
So, it's amazing that the Seller puts it right in the Headline and Ebay allows it.

lol 1500$ shipped..

Oh so they are selling it for that much now? It seems to be fair for someone who wa t's it for close to retail in a way for usa customers like most of us who missed the PO meaning retail way back. I actually thought they were going to ask for a bit more. I still don't think most will know the difference unless they are reading all this on the forums. Most collectors don't even visit or follow the forums. I know I would never tell the difference or even know anything about XM if I was collecting off the forums. I believe most won't either.

I own the statue and I have to say, if those are pics of an actual recast, it looks pretty damn good imo

I can definitely see that happening if these flood ebay. If these go against ebay policy then obviously ebay is slacking if they are allowing these to stay on there. How would ebay protect a buyer in the case of buying one of these if the seller states its authentic when it really isn't though? Pretty screwy

Last edited:
I can definitely see that happening if these flood ebay. If these go against ebay policy then obviously ebay is slacking if they are allowing these to stay on there. How would ebay protect a buyer in the case of buying one of these if the seller states its authentic when it really isn't though? Pretty screwy

Facebook is more lax than eBay

Back