XM Studios Magneto

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I hope you don't mean you're planning on repainting the whole statue. Cuz that would be silly.

probably not the sentinel hands but the outfit/suit for sure…this outfit isn't from anything lol..its not movie accurate or comic accurate (to my knowledge)..so i was planning to make it comic accurate

probably not the sentinel hands but the outfit/suit for sure…this outfit isn't from anything lol..its not movie accurate or comic accurate (to my knowledge)..so i was planning to make it comic accurate

Your right it's not comic or movie accurate..... It's kick ass accurate :)

But to each their own, heck who am I to say anything I'm spending over 5 bills to have my Batman PF converted to a full sculpt...

Your right it's not comic or movie accurate..... It's kick ass accurate :)

But to each their own, heck who am I to say anything I'm spending over 5 bills to have my Batman PF converted to a full sculpt...

Wow... You should post your Batman PF full sculpt picture

best of luck dan on that adventure!! most of my pieces now have been custom painted/repainted from factory…It brings out SO much more detail w these pieces, as its normally the paint that is lacking and not so much the sculpt…apocalypse pf is a great example of this…I had mine repainted and even in just the face, theres a HUGE difference in the details that show…with this mags piece if they showed it next to the same exact piece but with the suit from the comics/90's animated, people would so go with the latter…the extra purple will make the suit pop all the more..that and when I'm done the piece will not have any semblance of cartoony to it whatsoever..itl be realistic as hell..which is the 1/4 scale mags I always wanted.

best of luck dan on that adventure!! most of my pieces now have been custom painted/repainted from factory…It brings out SO much more detail w these pieces, as its normally the paint that is lacking and not so much the sculpt…apocalypse pf is a great example of this…I had mine repainted and even in just the face, theres a HUGE difference in the details that show…with this mags piece if they showed it next to the same exact piece but with the suit from the comics/90's animated, people would so go with the latter…the extra purple will make the suit pop all the more..that and when I'm done the piece will not have any semblance of cartoony to it whatsoever..itl be realistic as hell..which is the 1/4 scale mags I always wanted.
Good luck messing with the Holy Grail of statues.

I don't know, if your an artist or have the extra money to pay someone, why not make it comic book accurate.... Personally I wouldn't do it as I like this more modern look but I'm I have no problem with other people doing it.. Just means one less statue to compete with if I ever have to sell mine (1 of 849) :)

I don't know, if your an artist or have the extra money to pay someone, why not make it comic book accurate.... Personally I wouldn't do it as I like this more modern look but I'm I have no problem with other people doing it.. Just means one less statue to compete with if I ever have to sell mine (1 of 849) :)

XM is only making 800 Mags statues so you can lop off 50 more pieces from your total.

Yeah I think the costume is pretty perfect as is. Would it look exactly like a comic book if I held the comic up next to the statue? No, but the costume most definitely screams Magneto and looks amazing though I'm good.

Magneto being my favourite character of all time , I still really love this suit. I get a sort of " days of future past" vibe from it. Like it's far in the future , the world is a wasteland and Magneto has basically won the war.

I do hope someone does a Jim Lee HS for it though, I love the fassbender look, but Madx custom still owns as the pinnacle of Magneto sculpts.

im not ripping it or saying it looks bad etc..its good..but no one would have chose it bcz its a fictional suit lol..u might as well have picked ur own colors..thats all I'm saying…and I'm still sticking to the idea that a piece can't be a grail before it comes out..thats just hype imo…It def has the potential and the right pieces in place..but a grail can't be a grail until its sold out and its out etc and theres that consensus to some extent..not just among those who ordered it uk…

btw "purple underwear" is what and who the character is

im not ripping it or saying it looks bad etc..its good..but no one would have chose it bcz its a fictional suit lol..u might as well have picked ur own colors..thats all I'm saying…and I'm still sticking to the idea that a piece can't be a grail before it comes out..thats just hype imo…It def has the potential and the right pieces in place..but a grail can't be a grail until its sold out and its out etc and theres that consensus to some extent..not just among those who ordered it uk…

btw "purple underwear" is what and who the character is

I don't think that's a fair statement to say. The only way you can really say that is if different concepts were posted from the beginning and a poll was posted. I can personally say that I actually loved this suit/statue the moment this thread was made not just because it was Magneto but because the style they were going with. Would I have picked this over a comic version? I don't know.. Yes it's missing the purple underwear which represents the character that we all know but he doesn't HAVE to have that as proven here. The reason why I personally like this suite is because it's not just a sculpt with red paint on his body which is supposed to represent a suit. It's an actual suite with some details in it and as someone else pointed out, it's more realistic.

As far as the whole grail thing goes, I don't know why that's an issue. Technically, this fits the definition (or one of the definitions) of what a grail is.

I don't care one way or another.. Just figured I'd join the convo.

Back