XM Studios Magdalena

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
XM Studios News

"Today we have new WIP pictures for our coming XM Magdalena 1/4 statue. It´s still in painting progress and not done yet. We want to say thank you to the sculptor George Gerogy for an awesome work. The final display with the full color prototype will be showed at TCC - Thailand Comic Con on 21st to 23er april."

]​

Do you ever post anything other than as an XM shill? I mean, I am interested in this piece, depending on what I can get it for, but your all over the boards as a promoter for XM.​

Do you ever post anything other than as an XM shill? I mean, I am interested in this piece, depending on what I can get it for, but your all over the boards as a promoter for XM.

I do it for years. It started with a few post and now i post more. Everyone knows the blue GrumpyBear in the boards, that´s not an surprise. If you love something, do it. :wink1:

For you welcome i´m the GrumpyBear and i have a passion for XM Studios. :wave

Here is a video from Koleksi Saya @ TCC
This video shows the Alternate heads for Magdalena

IMO the only real issue is the mouth; though her chin is a little too rounded too. XM listens, I think all of us that were looking forward to this piece should let them know our thoughts... I certainly still want this to go with Witchblade and The Darkness.

This piece needs more than a few minor tweaks. Here is what I would like to see:

• Both portraits re-worked. She should look determined and fierce, not derpy.
  • The hood needs to look like a hood, not just some random piece of fabric on her head.
  • The spear needs to be longer and the spear head re-sculpted to be less thick.
  • The huge angel statue behind her needs to be more cohesive with the pillar at her feet. I don't understand why the angel statue is hunter green. Didn't we get enough of that color with Black Cat?
  • I would like to see her sword scabbards at her waist. Right now they look like they're attached to her knees.

The portrait just looks so unrefined - the hooded one even looks derpy. Looking at the Catwoman portrait to this... a significant drop in quality and details imo. Needs some serious work 20170423_173334-COLLAGE.jpg

This piece needs more than a few minor tweaks. Here is what I would like to see:

• Both portraits re-worked. She should look determined and fierce, not derpy.
  • The hood needs to look like a hood, not just some random piece of fabric on her head.
  • The spear needs to be longer and the spear head re-sculpted to be less thick.
  • The huge angel statue behind her needs to be more cohesive with the pillar at her feet. I don't understand why the angel statue is hunter green. Didn't we get enough of that color with Black Cat?
  • I would like to see her sword scabbards at her waist. Right now they look like they're attached to her knees.

Agree Lad, there are some issues that needs to be addressed, the unpainted piece looks promising but after paint, I'm not feeling it, she needs to have more of that Cold Dead Stare, in her eyes with more intent on her face.

As for the Hood I think they need to get it painted to see how it flows with the cape when attached. maybe a rework

The Thrusting Spear or Hewing Spear should be long enough to keep your enemy from making contact, that's the point of a spear, No Pun intended. That's a Maybe

The Angel and Base are to Dark, should be a mix of Gray Beryl Green and Light Moss Green with a little dark along the North Face of the Angel and Base, to give it that real world feel.

As for the Katana's They look adjustable, hanging from her belt, maybe not on the hip like a Samurai but in the middle of the two, easy fix, Personal Opinion.

Be Cool
Al

I believe XM already announced that they will be revisiting Maggie's portraits.

Back