XM Studios - License DC Comics ???

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I really liked the work XM has done so far and I've ordered 4 of their stats but I still think the work SS has done for DC especially the trinity can't be beat. And I just don't see the need for XM at this point or is it just me?

I'm almost DC collection burn out!

I don't really want three Wonder Woman or Four Green a Lantern in my collection, unless I was just into one character.

I'm going to be picky on my decisions on DC statues from now on, can't collect them all.

Not really sure how license works, but it probably costs a lot. I would guess the lower the ES the higher the price tag needs to be for ROI. Sideshow pieces have increased the ES on most of the releases. Operating costs have gone up as well. The cost of the piece needs to go up or more pieces need to be sold. My 2 cents.

That might make sense. Ive noticed though that SS Marvel line has a lower ES too (not AS low as XM obviously), hmmm. But at XM's price its not very competitive without something to make it worth the extra $$...?

Speaking of licensing, I asked XM about a DC license and he said they are not allowed to disclose any license until they've recv'd confirmation via the non disclosure contract. But ANY license is possible for them to take on. Hmmmm

I'm almost DC collection burn out!

I don't really want three Wonder Woman or Four Green a Lantern in my collection, unless I was just into one character.

I'm going to be picky on my decisions on DC statues from now on, can't collect them all.

I'm with you. Don't got the space or cash for them

XM... over priced poor customer service

XM has great customer service, but if you are NOT in their 4 regions for licensing than they can't deal with you directly.

However, back to what the thread started with, will XM get a DC license, well it is totally possible, but there haven't been any new hints or teases from XM lately. If they aren't feeding the hype than I would say that a DC license is a ways off.

As for Spidey well their are still teases for him so you never know.

XM has great customer service, but if you are NOT in their 4 regions for licensing than they can't deal with you directly.

However, back to what the thread started with, will XM get a DC license, well it is totally possible, but there haven't been any new hints or teases from XM lately. If they aren't feeding the hype than I would say that a DC license is a ways off.

As for Spidey well their are still teases for him so you never know.

See post 43 mate. I got my info direct from from Bryan at XM, just sayin. Where are these teasers? I would think they don't have a spidey license yet based the info he gave that I relayed above.

And what regions are those that email doesn't work? I sent them 2 emails with no response, when I wrote that post. When they sent that Hawkeye email yesterday I was like wth. I replied directly to the email and got my responses with an apology, so... ill start with a clean slate :)

Last edited:
See post 43 mate. I got my info direct from from Bryan at XM, just sayin. Where are these teasers? I would think they don't have a spidey license yet based the info he gave that I relayed above.

And what regions are those that email doesn't work? I sent them 2 emails with no response, when I wrote that post. When they sent that Hawkeye email yesterday I was like wth. I replied directly to the email and got my responses with an apology, so... ill start with a clean slate :)

The teases were ALL over FB awhile back m8. Erick Sosa, their new artistic director, teased that his favorite XM sculpt was Batman, and some of the retailers joked about it right here. However, all of that has died down now. As for Spiderman XM said in one of their threads on FB that they would be bringing their fans a Spiderman.

I really liked the work XM has done so far and I've ordered 4 of their stats but I still think the work SS has done for DC especially the trinity can't be beat. And I just don't see the need for XM at this point or is it just me?

A 100% sculpted Batman and Superman by XM could easily beat SS offerings (unless your a hardcore mix media fan).... IMO Batman PF was a mess with his outfit and the sculpt IMO made his body way to bulky... Superman PF came out looking nice but the pose is on the boring side.

Now if SS can make their Wonder Woman look like the prototype then yeah that would be a tough one to beat, SS pretty much nailed it..

If XM studios can replicate a Batman sitting in his Batcave like they did with Magneto. I'll be all over it!

A 100% sculpted Batman and Superman by XM could easily beat SS offerings (unless your a hardcore mix media fan).... IMO Batman PF was a mess with his outfit and the sculpt IMO made his body way to bulky... Superman PF came out looking nice but the pose is on the boring side.

Now if SS can make their Wonder Woman look like the prototype then yeah that would be a tough one to beat, SS pretty much nailed it..

That Batman PF is awesome but you must fix them pits. The only thing I don't like about it is they made 10,000 of them. Which cheapens it for me unfortunately

Still waiting on Superman :impatient:

I actually think Sideshows comic DC line is really impressive so far. Lobo is one of my favourite statues I have on order along side the XM Magneto & Thanos

It's just them huge ES's from SS which I don't like

Being completely honest I think this line is a ways off.

I hope so to be honest. I want XM to just concentrate on Marvel for now before moving on to DC as well

Only because they cost me a small fortune to get imported over & then I don't to have to skip on any characters I really want.

Just being selfish :lol

damn another batman!!?!
SSC must step up their DC license cmon SSC, where is flash, cyborg and all the JLA crew, damn maybe they want to milk batman as well like they did with iron man/hulk

XM, PCS. Why not. Let them compete.

PCS is coming, but if XM didn't announce during the Sigapore Comic Con I don't see the DC License coming in the next 4 months.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back