XM Studios - License DC Comics ???

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
As long as it doesn't take 2.5 years like the Ninjas :gah:

Am I the only person who thinks XM's stuff is generic and uninspired? I just left the Ms. Marvel and Phoenix threads shaking my head.

those definitely wouldn't be the words that I used. Did you see the complete Phoenix, with the Eagle, or just what has been completed so far. Because that is the opposite of generic and uninspired. I don't own an xm statue, can't afford them, sideshow pushes my limits with their recent prices. I'd only go xm if they did a terrifying Doomsday.

Am I the only person who thinks XM's stuff is generic and uninspired? I just left the Ms. Marvel and Phoenix threads shaking my head.

I remember when PCS got the DC license the PCS fans said they would top Sideshow's offerings :rotfl

I'd say that most of those were just more original than sideshow. And offer a bit more. Cap Allied Charge kills it over XM in my opinion, but Wolvie, Ms. Marvel, Hawkeye, Widow and a few others are amazing. Besides Phoenix and Magneto are just nice since we haven't gotten one of those yet.

I think Mags is phenomenal. Thanos looks great too. I'm waiting to see what Phoenix will look like after the flaming eagle is painted up and we see pics of it completely assembled. I am a fan of XM and think they put out some nice pieces. For me personally, Mags, Phoenix, Thanos, and Hawkeye are their best pieces. I'm looking forward to seeing what else XM will come up with.

I was not the biggest fan of their first three teased pieces (Hulk, Cap, and Mark 42 IronMan), and I do think that the Hulk could have used a little more tweaking. However, I have been really impressed with their artistic design with everything else. Now that being said I don't expect everyone to love and like the same things. The world just doesn't work that way.

On the topic though. Since the teases from XM have stopped completely I think we can put a pin in the discussion of their DC licenses for the near future. I am not saying they aren't going to get one eventually. I just think that they are working on other things for now.

Agreed, everyone has an opinion. I just get a good laugh seeing the occasional person trying to smite it down :lol

Lol... Oh I admit I have gotten into my fare share of arguments, but I also realize that this one goes nowhere. Honestly, I was on the fence about XM awhile back too, but have seen their work evolve, and after talking to the guys and getting to know them I gotta say they are an exciting new group. That doesn't take anything away from the work that SSC is doing, but it is kind of neat to see these guys grow and learn not only from their successes but from their mistakes as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back