XM Studios Captain America

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just paid for my pointing finger today as well. So definitely looking forward to getting that.

Now I'm just waiting on Tavegg's 2 Sculpts, which I can't wait to just see pictures off. There going to be epic

Here's my Cap as he is. So glad this thread is back open

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1416955934794.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1416955934794.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 214
Just got word that my replacement Cap is ready to ship to me... now I just need to do the unthinkable and smash my Captain America... it's going to be hard. Any ideas to give this American hero a righteous send off?

Just got word that my replacement Cap is ready to ship to me... now I just need to do the unthinkable and smash my Captain America... it's going to be hard. Any ideas to give this American hero a righteous send off?

man, that's gonna be PAINFUL...shouldn't you wait til ur new one gets to you and you check it?

I have to do the same thing to Hulk. I'm trying to think of the best way to do it. I was thinking of dropping him out a second story window, but that could get really messy. I'm open to suggestions.

I just received my Cap this week. Fortunately, it is in "perfect" condition. I only have four statues (Conan Fury of the Beast, SS Superman, and SS Batman), but the Cap is sharing top spot w/the Conan. I love the look, heft and paint job. As for your Cap, how about wrapping it in newspaper (do people still buy those?), stuffing it in a thick trash bag and going to town with it using a hammer? Hopefully, I'll never have to do this, but do the statue companies decide how much a statue needs to be "destroyed?" Can you break off the head, arms and legs? Or do you have to utterly destroy it into a "million" pieces?

I just received my Cap this week. Fortunately, it is in "perfect" condition. I only have four statues (Conan Fury of the Beast, SS Superman, and SS Batman), but the Cap is sharing top spot w/the Conan. I love the look, heft and paint job. As for your Cap, how about wrapping it in newspaper (do people still buy those?), stuffing it in a thick trash bag and going to town with it using a hammer? Hopefully, I'll never have to do this, but do the statue companies decide how much a statue needs to be "destroyed?" Can you break off the head, arms and legs? Or do you have to utterly destroy it into a "million" pieces?

I usually just wrap it in a towel and hammer it. As long as it sufficiently broken, should be fine. If you broke off all the limbs as you suggested, that would prob be good enough.

Lol guys, I'm not concerned with how to do it safely. I was asking for opinions on how to make it something fun I could video and post. Something righteous and worthy of this great piece and character.

You could always test how strong the solid statue is, hook it up to a rope and swing it into the side of your house like a wrecking ball and see if the statue breaks or your house does :)

...no idea on the heat needed, but melt it down like Arnold in T2. The XM Thanos watchers can do a poll to see what type of base the remains should be forged into (and joke falls flat if you're not reading the Thanos threads). I like Dan350zr's suggestion, the principles of physics is always cool in breaking up stuff. Short of the swinging rope, see how Cap reacts from jumping off a roof without parachute.

Back