XM Studios Captain America

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is a really nice looking Cap, the price is eye-watering but it sure is nice.

This is a really nice looking Cap, the price is eye-watering but it sure is nice.

Agreed. Almost pulled the trigger. Only thing that stopped me was the price.

Well actually I shouldn't say that. The only thing that stopped me is shipping cost...

Agreed. Almost pulled the trigger. Only thing that stopped me was the price.

Well actually I shouldn't say that. The only thing that stopped me is shipping cost...

I agree it is pricey. But this is exactly how I see Cap and to finally be able to have that in a statue form is great. The fact that it's one of the best painted statues I have ever seen makes it that much better. Just couldn't pass this guy up.

I agree it is pricey. But this is exactly how I see Cap and to finally be able to have that in a statue form is great. The fact that it's one of the best painted statues I have ever seen makes it that much better. Just couldn't pass this guy up.

Awesome man! July 2014 marked the 1 year in the collecting game. Having purchased/preordered 5 statues within the year... I feel like I need to slow down. Haha I am glad I am getting my must have statues within the next 18 months most likely. Because with these prices constantly rising, I'm afraid I won't be in the game for long. So just as with this xm cap, I might have to watch from the sidelines and spectate.

Awesome man! July 2014 marked the 1 year in the collecting game. Having purchased/preordered 5 statues within the year... I feel like I need to slow down. Haha I am glad I am getting my must have statues within the next 18 months most likely. Because with these prices constantly rising, I'm afraid I won't be in the game for long. So just as with this xm cap, I might have to watch from the sidelines and spectate.

Wow, you sure post a lot haha, I'm more the quiet type lol. I started collecting on February 2013, it's an amazing (and expensive) hobby. I really don't know how am I going to survive the next 18 months, so many great realeases...some sacrifices will be made and I'll have to pass one some pieces but it looks like its going to be one hell of a year to be a collector :)

It's easy to get carried away. I've done it in the past and had to refocus a bit. Currently doing a little bit of that right now. Being picky is the hard part, but after you've had to sell some items to refocus it gets easier.

It's easy to get carried away. I've done it in the past and had to refocus a bit. Currently doing a little bit of that right now. Being picky is the hard part, but after you've had to sell some items to refocus it gets easier.

I hear that... I just cancelled 3 PF's today... got sucked up in the hype when they came out several months ago and now looking at them I just lost interested.. Terminator T-800 battle damage PF, Green Hulk PF & Captain America Assault PF.... $135 in NRD's down the drain... sucks SS won't let you switch the NRD's to another statue more then once... Feels like a slap in the face given all the statues I've bought from the last 2 years... It's one of the things I've come to hate about SS is the lack of customer loyalty, they just don't really care... typical big business...

I hear that... I just cancelled 3 PF's today... got sucked up in the hype when they came out several months ago and now looking at them I just lost interested.. Terminator T-800 battle damage PF, Green Hulk PF & Captain America Assault PF.... $135 in NRD's down the drain... sucks SS won't let you switch the NRD's to another statue more then once... Feels like a slap in the face given all the statues I've bought from the last 2 years... It's one of the things I've come to hate about SS is the lack of customer loyalty, they just don't really care... typical big business...

Jeez. 3pfs canceled in one day. I think you should wait for waitlists from now on. Haha

I'd call and see if they'll move the NRD's to something else. Others have had it done more than once, and it's worth a shot.

I'd call and see if they'll move the NRD's to something else. Others have had it done more than once, and it's worth a shot.

I already tried before I cancelled, I sent 3 emails over 3 weeks ago and never got an answer back so I finally called and they told me it's only allowed once so they wouldn't do it.

For repeat customers they should allowed it at least three times a year, instead it's once per lifetime... In the last 2 years I've bought 23 statues from them (not counting the ones I have on pre-order right now)... oh well they were up front with their rules but it does leave a sour taste in my mouth... Not the best way to keep a customer loyal and happy...

Last edited:
I already tried before I cancelled, I sent 3 emails over 3 weeks ago and never got an answer back so I finally called and they told me it's only allowed once so they wouldn't do it.
That's crappy. Call again and try to get another CS rep. :lol

I've never understood the one time policy. Why does SS care, especially if they are keeping the $$. Just seems stupid to me.

I can't bring myself to cancel an order with an NRD even if I don't want it anymore. I'll just buy it and sell it. Even if I take a loss close to what the NRD is, that balances out with the rewards points you keep.

I've never understood the one time policy. Why does SS care, especially if they are keeping the $$. Just seems stupid to me.

Because a smart enough person would just keep bouncing their money around from piece to piece waiting for in hand pics. Sure they would get bit in the ass a few times if theirs was me of the first to ship, but as long as they were WL conversions most of the time they could limit that possibility.

What do you mean? Why do they even give you one?

Answering his question with 2 questions:

that-is-why-you-fail-Yoda-Quote-Masters-in-Philosopy-650x415.jpg

Its not about the loss of the NRD, its aboutvthe loss of thd rest of the revenue on the statue. Pre-ordering is a promise of revenue, cancelling costs them that revenue. His cancelations, sure thats just three, now imagine 30 people do it, how about 300? They just lost thousands in sales and now have to recoup that. Thats what was happening pre-nrd, now I'd imagine it has lessened quite a bit.

I can't bring myself to cancel an order with an NRD even if I don't want it anymore. I'll just buy it and sell it. Even if I take a loss close to what the NRD is, that balances out with the rewards points you keep.

Selling big items on Ebay is a pain in the ass, plus by the time you get done with fee's from Ebay and Paypal you probably lost more money then if you just ate the NRD.... In order to make it work you would have to hold onto the statue until SS sold out which could take anywhere from 6 months to a year... Don't really want to store statues for that long... Plus if the statue breaks while shipping it your basically screwed, unless the box is so damaged you can prove it's UPS/Fed-EX/USPS fault..

Its not about the loss of the NRD, its aboutvthe loss of thd rest of the revenue on the statue. Pre-ordering is a promise of revenue, cancelling costs them that revenue. His cancelations, sure thats just three, now imagine 30 people do it, how about 300? They just lost thousands in sales and now have to recoup that. Thats what was happening pre-nrd, now I'd imagine it has lessened quite a bit.

Doubt that is the issue, BBTS.com sells a ton of stuff and they don't require NRD except on their extremely high end items $2000+ and they seem to do fine.... NRD's came about because some bean counter at SS decided it was a great way to screw customers out of money and the bonus was they could blame it on customers by saying so many people cancelled they just had to do it.. Besides any EX that gets cancelled is usually swooped up by people on the waiting list.... Please show me EX's that SS can't sell because someone cancelled...

Back