XM Studios Captain America

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Selling big items on Ebay is a pain in the ass, plus by the time you get done with fee's from Ebay and Paypal you probably lost more money then if you just ate the NRD.... In order to make it work you would have to hold onto the statue until SS sold out which could take anywhere from 6 months to a year... Don't really want to store statues for that long... Plus if the statue breaks while shipping it your basically screwed, unless the box is so damaged you can prove it's UPS/Fed-EX/USPS fault..

I actually have an formula for Ebay selling that works, it of course jacks the price of the statue up through the roof because of fees but it's a way to break even or even make a little money the issue is, it only works on Sold out statues because no one is buying something still in stock.

Doubt that is the issue, BBTS.com sells a ton of stuff and they don't require NRD except on their extremely high end items $2000+ and they seem to do fine.... NRD's came about because some bean counter at SS decided it was a great way to screw customers out of money and the bonus was they could blame it on customers by saying so many people cancelled they just had to do it..

BBTS also sells multitude of items from different manufacturers. Sideshow sells they're items on the website. Having a multiple income stream frame work it's a hell of a lot easier to recoup money lost than from a single source. There's items I'm sure BBTS makes a killing on more so than Sideshow items. Other statue manufacturers also use an deposit system(PCS, Syco Collectibles) Hell some companies make you pay in full. and let's not forget when pre-ordering it's a fairly common practice in other retail places as well, like you mentioned Video Games Gamestop requires a $5 deposit. This isn't new, it's just an inconvenience to those who want to cancel consequence free.

BBTS also sells multitude of items from different manufacturers. Sideshow sells they're items on the website. Having a multiple income stream frame work it's a hell of a lot easier to recoup money lost than from a single source. There's items I'm sure BBTS makes a killing on more so than Sideshow items. Other statue manufacturers also use an deposit system(PCS, Syco Collectibles) Hell some companies make you pay in full. and let's not forget when pre-ordering it's a fairly common practice in other retail places as well, like you mentioned Video Games Gamestop requires a $5 deposit. This isn't new, it's just an inconvenience to those who want to cancel consequence free.

You still haven't answered my question, are there lots of EX's sitting around in SS warehouse because peopled cancelled?

If they're always sold out then who cares if someone cancels, SS Is still getting their money either way.....

For a small shop I can understand the NRD/Deposit, but as everyone has pointed out many times is that Sideshow is a big company they don't need NRD's...

You still haven't answered my question, are there lots of EX's sitting around in SS warehouse because peopled cancelled?

If they're always sold out then who cares if someone cancels, SS Is still getting their money either way.....

For a small shop I can understand the NRD/Deposit, but as everyone has pointed out many times is that Sideshow is a big company they don't need NRD's...

Why would it be ok for small companies and not sideshow. Covering overhead is covering overhead. No matter the size of the company.

We all know they have people waitlisted to buy them, but that doesn't mean we should expect it.

Why would it be ok for small companies and not sideshow. Covering overhead is covering overhead. No matter the size of the company.

We all know they have people waitlisted to buy them, but that doesn't mean we should expect it.

For a small company to many cancellations could bankrupted them, for a big company like SS it doesn't even put a dent in them.... Given that info, wouldn't it be more prudent for SS to keep their customers happy vs beating them over the head with a NRD? Unless you buy a lot of statues you probably won't get it... I average around 14 statues a year so I didn't change my mind much.... But the few times I did, I really resented their NRD rules given how much stuff I've been buying from them...

For a small company to many cancellations could bankrupted them, for a big company like SS it doesn't even put a dent in them.... Given that info, wouldn't it be more prudent for SS to keep their customers happy vs beating them over the head with a NRD? Unless you buy a lot of statues you probably won't get it... I average around 14 statues a year so I didn't change my mind much.... But the few times I did, I really resented their NRD rules given how much stuff I've been buying from them...

It's not about how many statues you buy man. Why is it always a pissing contest on these forums? What I do get though is that you shouldn't preorder a statue unless you are in love with it. Like you said in your first post, "you got caught up in the hype". We've all been burned by that in some form or another. Your situation isn't any different.

So what you're basically saying is that because you buy a lot you should be held to a different standard than other people who purchase items from Sideshow and that because of their size they shouldn't hold their customers to a reasonable expectation of the pre-order contract that you click yes to when ordering. Again, you have no idea how many cancellations they were getting when the NRD wasn't in place, and you can't say how much loss they incurred. Obviously this is an inconvenience for you and that's why you don't like it, but to say something like, "They just do it to gouge people" with no credible evidence is kinda ridiculous.

So what you're basically saying is that because you buy a lot you should be held to a different standard than other people who purchase items from Sideshow and that because of their size they shouldn't hold their customers to a reasonable expectation of the pre-order contract that you click yes to when ordering. Again, you have no idea how many cancellations they were getting when the NRD wasn't in place, and you can't say how much loss they incurred. Obviously this is an inconvenience for you and that's why you don't like it, but to say something like, "They just do it to gouge people" with no credible evidence is kinda ridiculous.

Agree 100%. And lastly... If you are really that upset with it, stop giving them your business dan. Simple as that. In your words, sideshow is spitting in your face. If someone did that to you at a restaurant, would you go back?

Just wait Savage when you start buy a lot of statues and find yourself in a position where you want to cancel a few, I bet your tune will change quickly...

Anyways SS Rep's do click through the threads so it doesn't hurt to give one's opinions ..... :)

What I'm saying is people who are loyal and buy a lot through their website should be given more flexibility with their NRD's, I'm not asking for my money back only to be able to move my NRD's over to another statue more then once in a lifetime...

As for the reason of the NRD's, true I have no facts to prove my opinion, but I still find it funny how they can sell out EX's with long waiting lists and yet SS still charges people NRD's even if someone else is going to buy it right away....

What I'm saying is people who are loyal and buy a lot through their website should be given more flexibility with their NRD's, I'm not asking for my money back only to be able to move my NRD's over to another statue more then once in a lifetime...

As for the reason of the NRD's, true I have no facts to prove my opinion, but I still find it funny how they can sell out EX's with long waiting lists and yet SS still charges people NRD's even if someone else is going to buy it right away....

Because if they gave you the option to move your NRD, then people will keep doing it. Where would Sideshow draw the line? I think their NRD policy is fine as it is. Don't commit to buy something unless you're 100% you're committed to spending the money. As far as loyalty goes, they do have the reward points system which is more than sufficient.

Because if they gave you the option to move your NRD, then people will keep doing it. Where would Sideshow draw the line? I think their NRD policy is fine as it is. Don't commit to buy something unless you're 100% you're committed to spending the money. As far as loyalty goes, they do have the reward points system which is more than sufficient.

Agreed.

Just wait Savage when you start buy a lot of statues and find yourself in a position where you want to cancel a few, I bet your tune will change quickly...

Anyways SS Rep's do click through the threads so it doesn't hurt to give one's opinions ..... :)

I sadly don't think I'll ever be able to afford "a lot of statues". :( haha

They can put a limit on, for example 3 times a year... is that so unreasonable? better then once in a lifetime...

They can put a limit on, for example 3 times a year... is that so unreasonable? better then once in a lifetime...

Then people would just complain after the 3 times. Their argument will be that if they can move 3 of them, why can't they just move 4? Or 5? Or 6? The way they have it now is perfect, a 1 time courtesy.

I guess it depends on your definition of "a lot". Besides you'd be surprised, even ordering 5 a year will get a pretty nice collection in a short period of time.

Yeah, I can't wait! They don't arrive completely for like another whole year though hahaha

And then you'd have people saying, "well I buy 24 statues from you a year, can't you let me move it another time...and another time...and another..." You get the idea.

Exactly. It'll never stop because collectors will just feel more entitled when they buy more statues.

Back