XM Studios Captain America

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Everything about this statue looks epic apart from the face which I don't personally like.

yeah I hear you! but just barely:lol regardless for me this pose just too glorious to pass on!!
I really love it!! I already have the best SS Cap PF..so no need to get more SS PFs (which I do like) but I wanted a fully sculpted piece with killer pose and the flag! perfect!

this is a foundation piece of xm studios right..?? so the quality will be very good...
u would think

The pics of the production pieces looked pretty damn good, and the packaging looks top notch. The owner inspects every piece before it goes out for. What I have heard. Honestly, I think these pieces are going to be amazing. I had my doubts when. First saw the pics of the Hulk, but now I can honestly say that I would be seriously tempted if I had the additional income.

Yeah I'm really impressed with XM & how much effort & passion they put in. 3 HS is awesome & they didn't need to do it either because let's face it, it was always going to sell out with the 2. Doesn't the CA come with 2 HS? I've only ever seen one.

Don't think it will sell out with this price and such a small market

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Besides the face, I just think the flag pose looks so superficial haha. Like, idk, maybe I'm just a square. I just feel like if I met Captain America, he'd come off like he does in the movies. Working class, blue collar, "just a kid from Brooklyn".

Feel like this pose makes him look so fake. Like two hands on the flag would say commitment, and I'd like that. But the whole one hand thing seems like just arrogance. And that ain't Cap to me.

But I do hunk this looks cool.

I'm willing to wager my entire collection that this sells out. There are customs that people buy more expensive then this. Wait till the in hand pics start surfacing. There will be more U.S. buyers then you think if this statue looks as good in hand as he does in the pictures. 500 ES for captain isn't much. Especially one that looks like this

Small Market = Low ES = Sells out fast (if the quality is high), for me price for the most part is irrelevant if the quality is high and the statue has a low ES... This is just my opinion and why I like to collect but I rather have a high quality rare piece then a mediocre quality mass produce statue that every collector and his brother owns. That said it's still only speculation based on photos to the quality of XM, once we get in hand production versions then will know for sure. But so far it does look promising.

This Cap XM with the hand on the flag is perfect, was time to retire the old Cap SS.

dsc0036zpsd32d0yvetxiop.jpg

Wow, the XM cap looks amazing.

+1, XM's Cap defiantly looks pretty sweet. I love the definition in his abs, that's one thing I always thought SS did a poor job of is the abs, most of their statues just look like they have weird lumps under their shirts (IE: Supes & Batman) vs a really defined 6 pack.

Just my opinion though..

+1, XM's Cap defiantly looks pretty sweet. I love the definition in his abs, that's one thing I always thought SS did a poor job of is the abs, most of their statues just look like they have weird lumps under their shirts (IE: Supes & Batman) vs a really defined 6 pack.

Just my opinion though..

See I prefer the SS abs because they look realistic when covered.

But when all is said or done. In my opinion, SS new cap and xm cap each have cool features, pretty close in "final grade" (how much I like them). But there is mo competition due to price. I keep seeing stuff saying this cap shipped is going to be like 7-8 hundred... Much rather get a 450$ cap I like better.

See I prefer the SS abs because they look realistic when covered.

But when all is said or done. In my opinion, SS new cap and xm cap each have cool features, pretty close in "final grade" (how much I like them). But there is mo competition due to price. I keep seeing stuff saying this cap shipped is going to be like 7-8 hundred... Much rather get a 450$ cap I like better.

I'm guessing your referring to Allied Charge Captain America, Yeah as much as I like XM's cap I'm going to stick with the AC Captain since I already had him on Pre-Order... but yeah for $800 it's a tough sell given XM doesn't give you all the extras like they do with Black Widow... Plus, as cool as the pose is, it's not something I have to have (Unlike their Magneto and Wolverine which are instant PO's)

This Cap XM with the hand on the flag is perfect, was time to retire the old Cap SS.

View attachment 108433

They XM is an amazing Classic Cap. I wouldn't say t is better than the original SSC piece, but it does look like an amazing equal. However, given the fact that the AC is on its way I wouldn't spend the cash on this one. Tough I do think it will do well in the aftermarket.

Last edited:
Back