XM Studios Captain America

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's not my thing either. The statue itself is quite awesome. I just peaked in the thread to see what this was and thought it looks great but a little more anime than I'd like if I was getting it.

It's not my thing either. The statue itself is quite awesome. I just peaked in the thread to see what this was and thought it looks great but a little more anime than I'd like if I was getting it.

Same here. I think the rest looks really good. I could do without the flag though as I get my fill of Murica from his outfit. I get the same anime vibe from their Black Widow.

It's just a matter of opinion which is better. I'm torn between this & the SS Hydra version. Both are amazing but I'm thinking the SS version will fit better in my collection plus I do prefer my statues to be mixed-media but I really want both to be honest :lol

It's just a matter of opinion which is better. I'm torn between this & the SS Hydra version. Both are amazing but I'm thinking the SS version will fit better in my collection plus I do prefer my statues to be mixed-media but I really want both to be honest :lol

:nono stick to the rules buddy...one statue per character remember :lol

Same here. I think the rest looks really good. I could do without the flag though as I get my fill of Murica from his outfit. I get the same anime vibe from their Black Widow.

XM actually describe the BW head as anime there selves

"Do we resculpt for the face shape to wider and less 'anime/cartoon' looking? (Hmm this is a tough one. If we stick to Artgerm's style, it is somewhat more anime looking than realistic... we're thinking of long hair version to stay closer to Artgerm style and perhaps the short hair to look more realistic.

https://www.xm-studios.com/black-widow-head-sculpt-feedback-required!.aspx

:nono stick to the rules buddy...one statue per character remember :lol

Yeah I know I know :lol

Probably will skip this one mate. Definitely in for there Wolverine though. With SS about to put Darth & Boba PF's up as well I'm getting more & more stretched.

I feel like SS have found my wish list & for fun decided to release it all at the same time. Darth & Boba are the only 2 PF's I really wanted from Star Wars & they announce them both at the same time :panic:

Their digital scult of Magneto doesn't look anime like at all so maybe I will be interested in that one...

hey buddy have u sold any yet? I am hearing this is almost sold out

None yet, but I just put XM Product up on my site two days ago. I think their Black Widow is amazing and their upcoming mags & wolvie are the best renditions of the characters I've ever seen! This company has so much potential.

The face on the xm one looks too anime like for me with asian like eyes. The statue is nice but I feel the new Cap coming from SSC has a far more realistic face and more interesting pose.

Asian eyes?? I do agree the SS one is better though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

XM actually describe the BW head as anime there selves

"Do we resculpt for the face shape to wider and less 'anime/cartoon' looking? (Hmm this is a tough one. If we stick to Artgerm's style, it is somewhat more anime looking than realistic... we're thinking of long hair version to stay closer to Artgerm style and perhaps the short hair to look more realistic.

https://www.xm-studios.com/black-widow-head-sculpt-feedback-required!.aspx

XM announced that BW will come with a 3rd portrait that is more realistic looking... haven't seen pictures of it yet but it's a cool third option.

XM announced that BW will come with a 3rd portrait that is more realistic looking... haven't seen pictures of it yet but it's a cool third option.

Would it not be preferable for the statue to be cheaper and have less accessories? I find that inevitably I have preferences and the alt switchouts never get used

Yeah I'm really impressed with XM & how much effort & passion they put in. 3 HS is awesome & they didn't need to do it either because let's face it, it was always going to sell out with the 2. Doesn't the CA come with 2 HS? I've only ever seen one.

Would it not be preferable for the statue to be cheaper and have less accessories? I find that inevitably I have preferences and the alt switchouts never get used

All their statues are around $600 regardless of the amount of accessories. So were actually getting a pretty good bonus with BW with all the stuff their giving us. Even though once you set her up you might not use her accessories anymore, it does allow lots of different options to go with the first time you set her up...

For example with XM Black Widow you can set her up with duel pistols, sniper rifle, pistol & machine gun, gun & knife... lots of options... Where as SS Black Widow your stuck with a oversized comic looking sniper rifle, although personally I think it kind of looks cool..

Yeah I'm really impressed with XM & how much effort & passion they put in. 3 HS is awesome & they didn't need to do it either because let's face it, it was always going to sell out with the 2. Doesn't the CA come with 2 HS? I've only ever seen one.

Nah it just comes with one.

Nah it just comes with one.

Lol.... But 4 switchout arms... Two with a shield....lol

Back