XM Studio Black Widow

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
While I find XM Studio's transparency interesting and it's fun to follow the development of a statue, it can also sometimes become a bit confusing. Also, it just feels like they have been way too quick in sharing stuff with the general public to begin with. I'd rather see a 99% finished product (in various stages) than a piece undergoing rather significant changes over and over. But it's very different than what SSC is doing, I'll give them that.

Predator 1 LSB. Batman PF. Red Sonja. Those are just the 3 pieces off the top of my head which obviously came out flawed from the get go and nothing was not changed. (Batman was so terrible I decided to cancel my order after checking my piece in person) Not denying what you say isn't true, I'm sure Sideshow does fix errors, but it feels like once they've gone into full production I don't think they'll ever attempt what XM just did. :(

And do you remember the SS Iron Man Mark VI legendary scale bust with his wrong arc reactor??
That was an elephant on the room but they didn't care about it.

And do you remember the SS Iron Man Mark VI legendary scale bust with his wrong arc reactor??
That was an elephant on the room but they didn't care about it.

Much ado about nothing. I own the statue you mention. The piece is held on with hot glue and it's easy to turn around.

Last edited:
I find it weird that the predator 1 lsb teeth or tusks are facing out instead of parallel. Even if that were the case sometimes in the comics, ss originally showed their prototype as having parallel teeth . Wasnt happy at all when we finally got the lsb. :(
Sent from my RM-937_apac_sea_976 using Tapatalk

Spidey, I know what you are trying to do, but it might be best to just leave it be. It all blows over after a day or two anyway.

I guess my problem is that it is in part untrue. SSC has gone the extra mile, now it isn't always consistent I know that, but it has happened. I will drop it, but for **** sake it isn't necessary.

I guess my problem is that it is in part untrue. SSC has gone the extra mile, now it isn't always consistent I know that, but it has happened. I will drop it, but for **** sake it isn't necessary.

I agree with you completely, but it is not going to change people's opinions or what they end up posting.

Now back to Black Widow; I am more than willing to wait the extra time it will take for XM to correct the long haired portrait. She is going to be a beauty!

Comparisons/praise/jabs happen all the time.

Apple vs Samsung
Sony vs Microsoft
Bose vs Beats

Will never stop, and I don't think people mind that after a while.

At the end we win, as competition is awesome and makes companies change for the better.

Fact of life.

I don't think anyone if wanting SS to fail but we sure are wanting the QC to tighten up on their end.

True. But you have to admit, sometimes there is a gloating element to the comments. Happens a TON with the microsoft vs sony one... I'm all for being critical of poor efforts and applauding good ones but I chuckle when people have an air of personal achievement when it comes to discussing to the triumphs of one company over another.

Cannot wait to get this in hand! Here......I will throw some fuel on the fire. Bet those that passed over this for the GG widow will be sorry when they see in hand pics :)

Back