XM Studio Black Widow

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It was them paying attention and getting the feedback from here and on AD about the head. Once they saw the responses by us collector's they investigated and discovered the issue. Kudos to them for listening and solving the issue.

SS will never do anything like this to their clients. I cant even remotely remember them doing something like these back in the days. This is a testament that although XM pieces are damn pricey, you actually get what you want. You want it to be a statue and not hollow. You want them to come out better than the prototype. You want QC thats second to none. You want excellent customer service. You want a company that takes responsibility and acts prompty. And most importantly you want a company that actually listens and not just put out products out there just for the sake of profit. Very impressive indeed. :bow

Pretty remarkable.

To be fair to SS, just because they don't share things they do behind the scenes like XM doesn't mean they don't also do things like this and noticed and correct errors from time to time. Of course they certainly don't do it as well as XM does thus far. The pudding is there for that proof.

Wow. I never planned on owning this. I don't plan on owning this. But I wouldn't hesitate for a second if they release something I'm actually interested on.

Pretty remarkable.

To be fair to SS, just because they don't share things they do behind the scenes like XM doesn't mean they don't also do things like this and noticed and correct errors from time to time. Of course they certainly don't do it as well as XM does thus far. The pudding is there for that proof.

Predator 1 LSB. Batman PF. Red Sonja. Those are just the 3 pieces off the top of my head which obviously came out flawed from the get go and nothing was not changed. (Batman was so terrible I decided to cancel my order after checking my piece in person) Not denying what you say isn't true, I'm sure Sideshow does fix errors, but it feels like once they've gone into full production I don't think they'll ever attempt what XM just did. :(

SS will never do anything like this to their clients. I cant even remotely remember them doing something like these back in the days. This is a testament that although XM pieces are damn pricey, you actually get what you want. You want it to be a statue and not hollow. You want them to come out better than the prototype. You want QC thats second to none. You want excellent customer service. You want a company that takes responsibility and acts prompty. And most importantly you want a company that actually listens and not just put out products out there just for the sake of profit. Very impressive indeed. :bow

Not correct

Predator 1 LSB. Batman PF. Red Sonja. Those are just the 3 pieces off the top of my head which obviously came out flawed from the get go and nothing was not changed. (Batman was so terrible I decided to cancel my order after checking my piece in person) Not denying what you say isn't true, I'm sure Sideshow does fix errors, but it feels like once they've gone into full production I don't think they'll ever attempt what XM just did. :(

You are talking some issues that were NOT universally disliked. Batman has issues, but many don't care. Do they always get it right? Nope, but they have.... for instance

Pretty remarkable.

There are public examples of this one. The MASSIVE production of Rogue heads to replace the poorly painted first batch (yeah there are still issues, but they did their best). The work they did to try to fix some of the Psylocke peeling issues was another. Finally, the almost COMPLETE run of the SpiderWoman PF they did in order to try and make a statue that people could be pround to own.

Now, I know that many will say that these errors shouldn't have happened in the first place, but like XM they tried to get them fixed. I know that they aren't always consistent with this attitude, but more often then not SSC trys to get it right. Remember that SSC has WAY more moving parts and that DOES impact their ability to address everything. Also, I know that many would say that they should scale down if it is that big an issue, but there are peoples jobs at stake with that comment.

In the end XM went way above and beyond, but SSC has at times too.

count me in the camp that is amazed that any statue company would go to such lengths, especially after having already painted them!

What was wrong with predator lsb again?

Is batman pf due to the armpits?

Red sonja skin color?

This BW from day 1 is look like anime and now ppl still complaining how she look like anime :slap.
i say the sample picture in page 5 and the production piece is look the same so what to complain.

the new head with her eye on the side make her look prettier.

Joined the 3 sculpts together (from left, is Eric's sculpt with fuller cheeks; factory defect; painted Eric's sculpt). Now I'm confused more, the last 2 looks the same except for the eyes angles.

15357549544_2088356bfb_o.jpg

can you ever imagine xm releasing 1000' of batmans with armpits coming out of their waist. i think with ss, the factory self regulate, it is the only explanation for some of the things they try to pass off. xm are proving to be pro's. wish I could have afforded a thanos.

those are badly painted eyebrows compare to the Erick's sculplted portrait. the sculpted eyebrows should still visible
on the finished printed head. the nose, lips, eye- lids, the hair are different and the face is more rounder to. I don't think that last pic is the same as Erik's sculpt.
the last pic looks like corrected of the factory defect one.

Joined the 3 sculpts together (from left, is Eric's sculpt with fuller cheeks; factory defect; painted Eric's sculpt). Now I'm confused more, the last 2 looks the same except for the eyes angles.

They don't look the same to me. The 2nd image is deformed one one side of the face, the third one is not. If you are looking at the 3rd image from the same angle as the 2nd image, you would see the difference...

can you ever imagine xm releasing 1000' of batmans with armpits coming out of their waist. i think with ss, the factory self regulate, it is the only explanation for some of the things they try to pass off. xm are proving to be pro's. wish I could have afforded a thanos.

Okay XM dd a great thing there is no doubt, but why the back handed swipes at SSC so often. There is no need. Celebrate one, but there is no need to take down the other.

Okay XM dd a great thing there is no doubt, but why the back handed swipes at SSC so often. There is no need. Celebrate one, but there is no need to take down the other.

I agree with this. No need to bash on another company. SS has tons of products to produce while XM has more time to focus on certain products because, let's be real, they're focusing on marvel stuff only. We should be grateful either is offering what collectors want.

Yeah I get frustrated with the black-and-white thinking as well. It's uselessly hostile and unnecessary.

I agree with this. No need to bash on another company. SS has tons of products to produce while XM has more time to focus on certain products because, let's be real, they're focusing on marvel stuff only. We should be grateful either is offering what collectors want.

Yeah I get frustrated with the black-and-white thinking as well. It's uselessly hostile and unnecessary.

It does nothing for the community, and it doesn't help XM. Celebrate the success, and leave the griping to specific criticism of any company. Not just generalized complaining.

I think it's just the angle of the picture.

Back