XM Studio Black Widow

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I remember some people complaining about the first long haired portrait shown (I think this is on the XM website still). I don't remember anyone complaining about the second long haired portrait shown at the Singapore CC. Once I saw that head sculpt, I placed an order as she didn't look so anime-isn anymore. Now, people (myself included) are disappointed with the third version of the long haired portrait. It has gone back to an amine vibe. I think it looks too much like a china doll with the pointy chin, white skin and really long eye lashes. Not sure why it was ever modified. Perhaps Erick Sosa wanted to put his touch on most XM portraits? If so, with all due respect, I hope he can change it back.

Well said

I kept passing on this but now it's coming close to shipping I've got one last chance to order this. My heart says buy it my wallet is saying NOOO :lol

Someone over at SF was joking that it looks like someone put the long hair on the short haired portrait but all joking aside.
5a067ccdd2cd44ff7e6479dd30f09d5a_zps2715dead.jpg

It REALLY looks like the long hair was accidentally put on the short haired portrait either before the casting process, or after it was painted. They look dam near identical right now.

I kept passing on this but now it's coming close to shipping I've got one last chance to order this. My heart says buy it my wallet is saying NOOO :lol

It's funny because that's the first thing I thought when I saw both pictures. They seem to be VERY similar, but there are small differences between the two.

Sigh. Can Stanley Lau just learn to digitally sculpt faces please?

He could make make an entire production company just doing that.

Ok guys! XM has confirmed that the posted portrait is a mistake. The elongated face is a defect and they are in the process of correcting it.

Looks like they solved the problem. They have to replace 203 defected heads due to the casting error.

XM STUDIOS said:
Yes we found out that the elongated face is due to the casting process. We have taken out all the defects head and will replaced it . Bryan will post up the images with the good head later .

203 defective heads in total. Turns out they were on their way back to the airport after a QC check, but went back to the factory to do a double check, and then they caught it.

XM to the rescue again. Amazing QC from those guys

They almost didn't catch it actually. Apparently the distortion which was caused by the molding process is FAR more visible in the pictures than in person, but things just didn't sit right with them. Kind of AMAZING when you think about it.

They almost didn't catch it actually. Apparently the distortion which was caused by the molding process is FAR more visible in the pictures than in person, but things just didn't sit right with them. Kind of AMAZING when you think about it.

It is a great response from XM. However, I don't think it is entirely out of question that all the negative feedback on this forum, FB and SF prompted XM to go back and take a second look. XM continues to listen to their customers and take appropriate action. Love this company!

Awesome work on xm qc. I have never heard of molding errors but have always suspected something like this was possible. Several ss pieces I received over the years have made me question if it was possible because the face sculpts seemed a little longer, less plump and more pointy. Paint apps aside I felt the face sculpts varied but never complained because I just couldn't put my finger on it. I appreciate XM so much for their approach I want to order Widow now

Awesome work on xm qc. I have never heard of molding errors but have always suspected something like this was possible. Several ss pieces I received over the years have made me question if it was possible because the face sculpts seemed a little longer, less plump and more pointy. Paint apps aside I felt the face sculpts varied but never complained because I just couldn't put my finger on it. I appreciate XM so much for their approach I want to order Widow now

Exactly! Makes you kinda wonder if this happened before for some SS pieces. We may never know ....

It was them paying attention and getting the feedback from here and on AD about the head. Once they saw the responses by us collector's they investigated and discovered the issue. Kudos to them for listening and solving the issue.

Back