XM Predator by Narin

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't envy you guys who have to decide whether to buy this based on pictures. The piece just doesn't seem to photograph that well, but it had a great reception at STGCC. I honestly loved it in person. I already own the Cinemaquette and the Wolf and I fully intend to jump on Prime 1's Predator line as well, so this one had to impress me to get me to order it which it did. I hope you'll love him as much as I did Kain.

I was also lucky enough to be shown a preview of XM's upcoming Alien statue while I was there, which I'm very excited about. And Seng told me about his concept for their next Pred, which I'm probably not allowed to talk about but it sounded like it's going to be a large and very intricate piece. They seemed really passionate about the line and having the production done right as well. I came away really excited about the entire line. Hopefully the Alien will make it to this years STGCC.

Lol, seriously? He's definitely thick but it's all muscle. :lol

It’s a must own piece for sure regardless of him not being a movie piece. There is something unique about Narrins sculpting that puts a smile on my face. The shear attention to detail. I think because I’m an artist by trade I appreciate what true sculptors can come up with.

Alien lol? Go on spill the beans we will keep it within the group lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It’s a must own piece for sure regardless of him not being a movie piece. There is something unique about Narrins sculpting that puts a smile on my face. The shear attention to detail. I think because I’m an artist by trade I appreciate what true sculptors can come up with.

Alien lol? Go on spill the beans we will keep it within the group lol

It was just concept art when I saw it, but it was a great pose with a super cool base. They have been reducing their base sizes lately though, which I think is a good move overall. But I'm really hoping they don't compromise the base on that one, because I thought it looked very cool.

I call bs on being shown an alien.
Internet rule #01: Pics or it didn’t happen

Lol, you know the rules guys. If I tell you I'd have to... :cut :violin

And Seng told me about his concept for their next Pred,...

it's going to be a large and very intricate piece.

It's good to hear. But one thing I don't like about XM is their statues tend to be too large and too stylish. Is that bad? By itself, no, not at all. But to keep and displaying them properly are something else entirely. I used to love XM's style (a giant statue with kinetic pose on giant diorama base) a lot, it screams "Look at me! I am the centerpiece!" but then came to facing reality when you look at your shelves/ room after you crammed said 10 centerpiece together: space.

That's why most people I know who're really into XM are now displaying only their favorite XM pieces, any other XM are also displaying... in their color boxes. :slap

It's good to hear. But one thing I don't like about XM is their statues tend to be too large and too stylish. Is that bad? By itself, no, not at all. But to keep and displaying them properly are something else entirely. I used to love XM's style (a giant statue with kinetic pose on giant diorama base) a lot, it screams "Look at me! I am the centerpiece!" but then came to facing reality when you look at your shelves/ room after you crammed said 10 centerpiece together: space.

That's why most people I know who're really into XM are now displaying only their favorite XM pieces, any other XM are also displaying... in their color boxes. :slap

It’s actually what makes them stand out more. The museum pose is getting boring now. But will totally agree with you it’s hard to find many that will fit in display cabinets and Besta’s

Pictures from Sims Singh at TAGCC 2018

XM Studios Facebook

XM Studios Europe Facebook

7x2s4q.jpg

Spoiler Spoiler:

Only way I'm tempted to get this is with entirely new heads. They're too small, and the dreds are not good.

Only way I'm tempted to get this is with entirely new heads. They're too small, and the dreds are not good.

100% agree...ugliest heads I've ever seen for a Predator...paintjob is fantastic though if this is what people will be getting

Is it because of the way the dreads hang out and not drape down. I would prefer the dreads to drop down naturally. This would make the heads look better. It also appears the Predator also looks like Pratt of his head is missing at the back though pics can be very deceiving lol. I still think this is amazing. Considering it’s Narin sculpting something new and original

Yeah the crown is far too small and does not extend far enough back. It's throwing the aesthetic of the head and the shape of the bio waaay of. The whole head looks like it's 20% too small.

Yeah the crown is far too small and does not extend far enough back. It's throwing the aesthetic of the head and the shape of the bio waaay of. The whole head looks like it's 20% too small.

It’s one of those pieces that don’t picture well. But probably looks better in person. People that have seen it in person cant stop saying how amazing it looks. We also can’t reference it to anything neither as it’s an original piece.

I just find it a bit frustrating that it could be tweaked and look amazing.
Oh well there's more in the pipeline to get excited for

I just find it a bit frustrating that it could be tweaked and look amazing.
Oh well there's more in the pipeline to get excited for

I’m sure they will tweak it. I’m quite sure it was mentioned that the hair was wrong to begin with so maybe it will get fixed towards the end hopefully. Well I will check it out this year at STGCC in September

It’s good to hear that XM are fixing a lot of small issues with this piece. Including the heads. The hair will have more dreads and flow better. Alternate left arm. Will 100% get this on these changes

Back