XM Predator by Narin

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice subtle colouration.

Thanks for the pic Rebecca
thumb2.gif
(hope you're all better now)

Cheers mate, I'm slowly on the up and up. :duff

My point is that the amount of money they now want for these statues is getting ridiculous! Don't you agree or are you part of the 1%?

Hi eddy. I'll try to answer your question as best I can.

The XM Predator is actually very reasonably priced compared to other Alien/Predator pieces at the same scale, so I am guessing you are either adding shipping costs when considering the retail price of this statue, or you are unfamiliar with the prices of Alien/Predator items at 1/3 scale. The retail price of the XM Predator is roughly $1600USD, which is $400USD LESS than the retail price of the Cinemaquette 1/3 scale Predator which came out 10 years ago, as well as the Sideshow Wolf Predator (so called Legendary Scale but roughly 1/3 scale) which was also $2000 and came out four years ago. So while the prices on most pieces have skyrocketed in the last two years, the XM is actually cheaper than the other 1/3 Predators released prior to this.

I own both the Wolf and Cinemaquette, and the paint app on XM (which I have seen in person) is superior to both. It also has multiple switch outs including two sets of dreads, a masked and unmasked head, and switch outs for the hands. To be honest I was shocked that the price was under 2K. Of course a $1600 statue is still expensive. But not compared to other similar offerings currently on the market.

I hope that helps. :)

The XM Studios German distributor sells it for 2700 USD ....far from 1600 USD lol

Pictures from Bryan Tan

"Some sneaks of paint in progress production piece during our usual inspection and checks. Check out Predator the production paint. Veins and details from Master paint prototype are replicated faithfully by the skillful painters under Seng’s supervision. The new improved base has more paint details, smaller and reduces shipping costs significantly yet keeping the piece impressively sized - Ben’s there for size comparison (We couldn’t find an apple). Did a perspective shot with Seng’s head being replaced by the more handsome Predator portrait.", Bryan Tan.

XM Studios Facebook

XM Studios Europe Facebook

27067843_208901020138hdos8.jpg

27067801_208901023471chry2.jpg

27332438_208901030138ncptw.jpg

27545555_2089010278055oquo.jpg

27332535_2089010488052frrx.jpg

In all honesty! XM production pieces sometimes outdo the prototype. XM also listens to it's collectors and makes adjustments accordingly. The Dreads will look super cool. Overall I can't fault this piece at all. It's unique in every way. I also trust Sisko's judgement on how good this looks in person. She got every XM piece I own right. So looking forward to owning this bad boy and he will be paired up alongside my Wolf Pred.

Grumpy thanks for sharing those amazing pics. He looks really epic!

Amazing that this is a production copy.

Some collectors are calling this Predator fat. That’s very insulting to Narrin. His not fat. It’s the bad pictures that are distorted also. The locks will be fixed also come release

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Some collectors are calling this Predator fat. That’s very insulting to Narrin. His not fat. It’s the bad pictures that are distorted also. The locks will be fixed also come release

I think its because he is a very muscular Predator with some thick shoulder armor that gives him the slight appearance of being a bit heavier.. Its all muscle though..

In all honesty! XM production pieces sometimes outdo the prototype. XM also listens to it's collectors and makes adjustments accordingly. The Dreads will look super cool. Overall I can't fault this piece at all. It's unique in every way. I also trust Sisko's judgement on how good this looks in person. She got every XM piece I own right. So looking forward to owning this bad boy and he will be paired up alongside my Wolf Pred.

Grumpy thanks for sharing those amazing pics. He looks really epic!

I don't envy you guys who have to decide whether to buy this based on pictures. The piece just doesn't seem to photograph that well, but it had a great reception at STGCC. I honestly loved it in person. I already own the Cinemaquette and the Wolf and I fully intend to jump on Prime 1's Predator line as well, so this one had to impress me to get me to order it which it did. I hope you'll love him as much as I did Kain.

I was also lucky enough to be shown a preview of XM's upcoming Alien statue while I was there, which I'm very excited about. And Seng told me about his concept for their next Pred, which I'm probably not allowed to talk about but it sounded like it's going to be a large and very intricate piece. They seemed really passionate about the line and having the production done right as well. I came away really excited about the entire line. Hopefully the Alien will make it to this years STGCC.

Lol, seriously? He's definitely thick but it's all muscle. :lol

Some collectors are calling this Predator fat.

I was gonna say wut but after I saw that belly... now I can't unsee it. I think most of his works tend to be like this.

PS. The Predator in his "The Encounter" doesn't look fat. Even tad skinny to be precise. This one is from another standalone work but it has the same body so you get the idea. I preferred it to be like this more though.
nar9.jpg

That’s pretty cool. However it’s kinda boring as most predators are done in museum type poses. I believe this XM piece more of an ancient Predator I am loving it

Back