XM Predator by Narin

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
XM Studios News

"If it bleeds, we can kill it."

"XM Studios is excited to present our first Supreme Scale series statue, Predator Warrior! An original concept and design by Narin Clayman, one of the best Predator sculptors we've had the pleasure and immense honor to collaborate with. This personal and original Predator work of art is crafted in amazingly detailed cold-cast porcelain and every handcrafted statue is painstakingly hand-painted with the highest possible quality finish - the renown XM quality. Supreme Scale is a special new scale that is not restricted to the standard 1:4, 1:3 or 1:6 scale. Instead, the scale is carefully designed for a perfect balance of size presence and details most suited for the sculpt, based on the Artist's vision.

Predator culture revolves around the hunting and stalking of dangerous lifeforms. After making a kill, Predators typically skin or decapitate the carcass, converting it into a trophy. If immobilized or at the brink of death, a hunter will activate the mass-explosive self-destruct-mechanism in his wristband, honorably erasing any trace of its presence to its prey. It is often alluded to that the reason Predators hunt is not for sustenance or elimination of threats, but as sportsmanship or rite of passage, as they will normally only attack life forms that have the ability to provide them with a challenge."

XM Studios Premium Collectibles Facebook

GHeroes European Master Distributor Facebook

1n8i62.jpg

6gdd4x.jpg

12wbdck.jpg

13ryef2.jpg

I still like this a lot, but not enough to pay this kind of money. That is some seriously good packaging! This thing could still pass as a pre-painted kit with all of those parts... :lol

XM Studios News

"Due to the volume of Dreadlocks provided with our Supreme Scale Predator Warrior (over 30 individual Dreadlocks per head, and there will be 2 heads). The Dreadlocks for the "Masked" head will now be packaged in its own plastic container within the shipping box (as is the image below). Do note that the "Masked" head dreadlocks will not be able to fit into the "Unmasked" head and vice versa, so we decided to separate them out to avoid confusion. The location will not be reflected in the assemblage handbook, but not to worry, the dreads are numbered, color-coded and assembly instructions can be found in the handbook."

XM Studios Premium Collectibles Facebook

GHeroes European Master Distributor Facebook

83318558_2499692170255ak09.jpg

82778179_2499692146918pk4z.jpg

82502271_2499692153584skp0.jpg

It's a shame the heads one these are a total fail in terms of size. Flexible dreds won't fix how bad they are

I haven't seen the bad paint apps besides the colour being different from the proto. I'm torn on this piece and the Alien, so much to like, one wtf issue too many

It's a shame the heads one these are a total fail in terms of size. Flexible dreds won't fix how bad they are

Yep. As much as I love Narin?s sculpts and especially his Predators, but all his figures heads are a bit undersized. It?s that comic style character anatomy.

Strange, that it never really bothered with his own products, but here it somehow feels off. Of course, I judge this by pictures only and have not seen the statue in reality.

Still hope it will find it?s fans, as Narin deserves recognition.

All good mate - hopefully you & yours too.

Yeah - I posted this on the SF thread . . .

I guess people who may not be as familiar with Narin's work may appreciate this more than those of us that have been following & buying Narin's sculpts for years - we've just been spoiled

Narin never disappoints, but for me, this just doesn't stand out and draw you in like so many of his other designs.

The scale is impressive, but I'd rather it had been a different sculpt. Same goes for his XM Alien piece.

It's all personal taste at the end of the day, but I'm SO glad he hasn't stopped producing his 1:5/1:6 pieces :)

Narin never disappoints, but for me, this just doesn't stand out and draw you in like so many of his other he scale is impressive, but I'd rather it had been a different sculpt. Same goes for his XM Alien piece.

Same. His "The Encounter" (1:6) is nothing but a masterpiece. It's still one my most favorite predator pieces I have even to these days, however, I couldn't say the same to these XM Pred and Aliens.
Seems like he's best with smaller scale and diorama-styled works. Glad he hasn't stopped too.

Back