Xbox360

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey guys I dont know if this is the right place to ask this but I dont want to start a new thread. Ok I have the X-box 360 elite and I save all my games and profile on my memory card (I often need it that way as I take it with me to play at other peoples houses) . And my buddy has the arcade 360 and yesterday he was using my memory card on his system and for some reason his console froze and when it came back online the memory card was erased:horror:horror. Now my questin is am I F'D or is there any way to recover my data, cause I lost all my profile and all my Game points. please help if possible.:monkey2:monkey2:monkey2

You should be able to recover your gamertag and achievement from live by just entering your gamertag. For saved games i dunthink so.

I haven't been on for about a week so when I signed in yesterday there was a system update. Anyone know what it was for or just regular maintenance?

i haven't updated yet... i have been reading about problems with it...

anybody have any woes to share?

None that I've noticed and I was playin GTA 4 for like 6 hours yesterday. But my HDMI sound worked the whole time as well, so I didn't even need the update. ?????

When they put out the NXE update it had newer drivers for HDMI that weren't supported on some TV's and so people with those TV's wouldn't have any sound when using HDMI (like me) so this is a fix for that. If you didn't have that problem before then it fixed nothing.

Sorry to bump this up buuuut...my friend gave me her old Xbox 360 saying something was wrong and she just bought a new one (must be nice). Anyway, turns out its the Red Rings of Death and its out of Warranty. Is it worth spending the $150 to get it repaired or should I just pass it on to someone else. Keep in mind I have a PS3 and a Wii already.

I wouldnt pay $150 to fix it. You can buy a new for $200. Take the cables, HD, etc from the old one.

^^^its a hardware problem with the motherboard. the hard drive won't be affected by it. if you send it to MS to get fixed they tell you to remove the hard drive before shipping it out.

Back