Xbox360

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you've got Netflix and watch stuff on the 360, go find a movie called Super High Me. It's ****ing hilarious!!!!

Doug Benson (funny ass comedian) does a spoof on Super Size Me. Doug smokes weed a lot and he does this movie were he doesn't smoke for 30 days straight to see how it affects him and then smokes morning to night for the next 30 days. It's ****ing hilarious whether you smoke or not, so go put that ^^^^ on your streaming videos.

Here is a recent article that talks about some comments that Microsoft Games Studios chief, Phil Spencer made explaining that the resurgence of the E3 of old means Microsoft will need to step up its game this year and possibly discuss more than its short-term plans and why a Blu-Ray will not be part of that.

There's no way Microsoft will install a Blu-ray drive into the Xbox 720, and to be quite honest, I don't think there's any reason for it to do so. The reasons are simple. First, Microsoft doesn't want to pay a competitor--Sony, the key backer behind the Blu-ray Disc Association--to use its format. Second, and perhaps most important, Microsoft realizes that Blu-ray isn't an ideal format, given the fact Blu-ray's chance of success is very much in doubt.

The single benefit Blu-ray provides to developers is its capacity. But once another generation rolls around, doesn't it stand to reason that producing DVDs will be even less expensive and that it may yield a more cost-effective approach than using Blu-ray anyway?

Beyond cost, what's so bad with DVD? The games look perfectly fine on the format, most developers haven't had too much trouble developing for DVDs, and even fewer have spent time complaining that it's not as capable as Blu-ray. In fact, I've heard more gripes from developers about Blu-ray than DVD lately.

But we also can't forget that gaming is moving in an entirely different. Over the next few generations, the need for media like DVD or Blu-ray will diminish and games will be purchased over the Web and downloaded to a hard drive on the console. It's already happening now in small amounts. But rest assured that as the industry realizes the benefit of sending games directly to you and Blu-ray loses its fight against streaming, you can bet that all this talk about formats will be just another stepping stone in the storied history of gaming.

Until that happens, though, I simply don't see any reason for Microsoft to offer Blu-ray in the Xbox 720. I see no reason to pay a competitor for the use of its format when it's cheaper to develop for another that's perfectly fine.

The future of gaming has nothing to do with Blu-ray. And although we don't know what Microsoft will include in the Xbox 720, I'm willing to bet it'll feature DVD and a strong online component where buying games through Xbox Live is made simpler.

Microsoft has been denying the Blu-Ray addition to the XBOX 360 for a long time even officially as recently as July but some "insiders" are claiming that the device add on is already completed and ready to go:

X-bit Labs is not only reporting that Microsoft is still planning on releasing an external Blu-ray drive, but also that the company already has the device ready to go.

According to the article, Toshiba (yes, you read that correctly) and Samsung have been asked to come up with the external Blu-ray solution for the Xbox 360. Rumors are also floating around claiming a $100-to-$150 price point.

I guess its just who you want to believe....

Purchased my 360 on the launch date (I think 11/22/05). It's given me years of 1st person shooter glory. Christmas day 2008, fire up the system to watch a flick...3 rings of death! Oh well, guess I'll have to pass the time with the PS2 and Twisted Metal Black (it's the only game I still have). Maybe I'll pick up RE4.

Purchased my 360 on the launch date (I think 11/22/05). It's given me years of 1st person shooter glory. Christmas day 2008, fire up the system to watch a flick...3 rings of death! Oh well, guess I'll have to pass the time with the PS2 and Twisted Metal Black (it's the only game I still have). Maybe I'll pick up RE4.

You need to if you haven't done so yet, AWESOME game! :rock

kudos to M$ for adding the option to download games to the hard drive, i've been playing Mass Effect after not playing for a year and it's SO much nicer to play with the short download times and the quiet 360. :rock :rock

Hi, my lovely missus very unexpectedly got me a 360 for xmas and, depsite being mainly a pc gamer, I'm having alot of fun with my 2 games: Soul Calibur IV and Force Unleashed.

So being a xbox 360 noob, i got a few questions...

I got the arcade pack but I'm really liking the idea of installing a hard drive and playing some of my fav old xbox games again. 20Gb is titchy so is 60Gb enough? Is 120 Gb overkill?

I've read you can install games to the hard drive... how does this work? Is it a total install or partial (to help with load times etc similar to the old xbox)?

How much space does a game take up after install?

Will my older xbox games look tons better on this machine? plus the fact i have a new 720p telly with hdmi socket?

Is it true Darth Vader is downloadable for Soul Calibur IV?

Is MK vs DC any good and is it bloody/gory?

Hi, my lovely missus very unexpectedly got me a 360 for xmas and, depsite being mainly a pc gamer, I'm having alot of fun with my 2 games: Soul Calibur IV and Force Unleashed.

I got the arcade pack but I'm really liking the idea of installing a hard drive and playing some of my fav old xbox games again. 20Gb is titchy so is 60Gb enough? Is 120 Gb overkill?

I've read you can install games to the hard drive... how does this work? Is it a total install or partial (to help with load times etc similar to the old xbox)?

Will my older xbox games look tons better on this machine? plus the fact i have a new 720p telly with hdmi socket?

You cant go wrong with the 120gb hard drive especially if you plan on installing games on it. Installing games on the hard drive is easy all you have to do is pull up the game screen and hit install game. I am pretty sure Vader is available for download with SCIV and I have no idea about MK but you might want to check the thread on it to get a better idea.

Yes Vader is available for download, but he costs Microsoft points. I feel like saying 800 but I forget right now, it's been a while.

From what i've seen, MK vs. DC is not bloody or gory, and it also does not have an M rating. BUT, a lot of people like this one. I'm buying myself soon.

Kain I have a question for you. If I install a game and put the disc in does it work off the hardrive or do I have to go in manually and tell it to play from hardrive?

Great! Thanks for the answers.

Sorry more questions re: hard drive...

If I dont install a game to the hard drive... does it still help loading times etc? Using it as a kind of temporary page file or 'scratch pad' if you get what i mean?

Also, does anyone know about old xbox games looking better on the 360 (plus a new 720p telly)?

As for MK vs DC... just found out it is toned down compared to the earlier MK games... and what little gore that's left is censored... except on the UK versions which suits me just fine being a limey! :D

Possible next GTA coming in by the end of 2009!!

Rumor: Rockstar ready to release next GTA by end of 09

Posted on January 14th, 2009 at 11:02 EDT

According to Loose Talk in the latest Game Informer, RockStar North is already working on the next instalment in the Grand Theft Auto franchise, which should be ready for release this holiday season.

"We're not talking about new DLC or a collection of previously available DLC, we're talking about a full retail game. We expect this title to follow the suit of previous GTAs and use a subtitle such as GTA: San Andreas, etc. Tokyo might be a possible setting for the game, but details are non-existent at this time." - Game Informer Issue 190

gta_v.jpg

It wouldn't be surprising for RockStar to release the next GTA this soon – as you may recall, Vice City hit the shops only a year after Grand Theft Auto III was released for PlayStation 2.

Stay tuned for more details as they break.

I could fap to a Tokyo GTA!!!!

Kain I have a question for you. If I install a game and put the disc in does it work off the hardrive or do I have to go in manually and tell it to play from hardrive?

It plays off the harddrive automatically.

Oh, I thought you had to go into your game library and select Play From Hard Drive. I put in a game I had installed and it spun in the tray.:confused:

Oh, I thought you had to go into your game library and select Play From Hard Drive. I put in a game I had installed and it spun in the tray.:confused:
It will spin at first to verify the disk but should stop. I know I just say play the game and you can tell its playing from HD because it will load faster.

Hey guys I dont know if this is the right place to ask this but I dont want to start a new thread. Ok I have the X-box 360 elite and I save all my games and profile on my memory card (I often need it that way as I take it with me to play at other peoples houses) . And my buddy has the arcade 360 and yesterday he was using my memory card on his system and for some reason his console froze and when it came back online the memory card was erased:horror:horror. Now my questin is am I F'D or is there any way to recover my data, cause I lost all my profile and all my Game points. please help if possible.:monkey2:monkey2:monkey2

Hey guys I dont know if this is the right place to ask this but I dont want to start a new thread. Ok I have the X-box 360 elite and I save all my games and profile on my memory card (I often need it that way as I take it with me to play at other peoples houses) . And my buddy has the arcade 360 and yesterday he was using my memory card on his system and for some reason his console froze and when it came back online the memory card was erased:horror:horror. Now my questin is am I F'D or is there any way to recover my data, cause I lost all my profile and all my Game points. please help if possible.:monkey2:monkey2:monkey2
You should be able to recover profile from live. As for all the game saves I am not sure.

You're F'ed as far as your saved games, but you can recover your profile and achievements through Live.

Back