Xbox One System Discussion

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Initially that bothered me, but for some reason, I just don't care anymore. :dunno I leave the connect attached watching my every move. I occasionally flip it the bird so whoever is watching knows I know they're watching. :lol

I don't worry to much about the kinect watching me I guess. I don't use the the xbox unless playing a game. I also don't leave it in standby mode so the mic and camera are not active. Not because I am worried but because I don't want to use the extra electricity. Having a lot of knowledge of how facial recognition works I guess I am not to worried about kinects data.

Hal_9000_by_JohnnySlowhand.jpg

So would this be admitting that the kinnect camera does have spy capabilities when Microsoft offers products like this?
xbox-one-kinect-coverpr_11122013_xbox_one_privacycover_photo.jpg

So you also believe that because they offer an extended warranty they expect it to break?

Products like that are made to prey on peoples fear.

AS i asked before if your such a paranoid person, why are you on the internet? Do you have a cellphone? Do you let friends take pictures of you? I would be much more worried about all of those before kinect.

So you also believe that because they offer an extended warranty they expect it to break?

Products like that are made to prey on peoples fear.

AS i asked before if your such a paranoid person, why are you on the internet? Do you have a cellphone? Do you let friends take pictures of you? I would be much more worried about all of those before kinect.

I think this is more to the point.

To add to Mfoga point I'm pretty sure that is made by a secondary company and not "offered" by Microsoft. I've yet to see one on a shelf in any store.

If you have a camera and the camera is in some way connected to the internet there is a chance someone is looking at you...same with any camera, on any device.

If they want to spy on me through my kinect then so be it. That being said I'm sure once they saw a fat hairy tattooed naked guy on screen, they immediately learned from their mistake.

If they want to spy on me through my kinect then so be it. That being said I'm sure once they saw a fat hairy tattooed naked guy on screen, they immediately learned from their mistake.

Awesome job Scareb!
Blind those peeping bastards! :hi5:

I'm just waiting for the smaller redesigned xbox one 2.0 version. I've tried to hit the "add to cart" button more than once, but I just justify $500 for something so ugly and huge to sit next to my TV.

Chris

I'm just waiting for the smaller redesigned xbox one 2.0 version. I've tried to hit the "add to cart" button more than once, but I just justify $500 for something so ugly and huge to sit next to my TV.

Chris

You don't need to put it next to the Tv. I don't like seeing my consoles, amp, cable box & all my other equipment so there all hidden in a cabinet. All you can see is my Tv & speakers. If you displayed it on an AV rack along side your amp, blu-ray player etc it'll look good though. I think that's the idea ms had when designing it because it's got a good looking face to it & blends in well with that kind of equipment.

My criticism of the Xbox is the length of the Kinect cable. It's not long enough for me & I've read a few other owners saying the same thing. Hopefully ms will release an extension cable for it.

I'm guessing 6 vs 6, each with their own Mech plus all the AI Mechs from the cloud, like the Drivatars from Forza 5.

Yep 6 on 6 with mechs in use or "guarding"

I wouldn't worry to much. Seems like Microsoft are really counting on this and seeing as its only mp, It must work pretty well.

What is it that Im saying or that the Kinect Hears that casue the Xbox to unpause my games? Ill pause a game, and then leave the room, when I come back, the game is unpaused and my character is dead. But what is it that unpauses the game? A specific word it thinks Im telling it to unpause? Loud bangs? Horns? Sirens outside the window?

Back