X-Men: Days of Future Past

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
t's time for The Review That No One Asked For!

Spoilers are plentiful.

As a whole, right up there with X2 in quality and entertainment value.

Tight brutal action sequences in the future. Colossus gets his head crushed though, which is just not doable for any sentinel sorry. Blink's powers were actually very nicely done and fit well within the context of their strategy. They really worked as a team, better than the Avengers (though not quite as entertaining... Hulk factor) .

- Mystique made a pretty convincing transition here and was always fun to watch.

- Xavier's utter collapse was a tad bit out of character and the temporary paralysis cure/mutation suppressant was the most convoluted plot device in the whole movie for me. Considering how many things the film had to juggle at once, that's actually pretty good. Also... way too much hair. :lol This would have been a good time to let pattern baldness set in. Save for the very end, he was the least effective character out of all the main players.

- I really liked the Bender of Fass in this. Just sprinkle in some white hair and he's the ultimate Mags for me. His ruthlessness really came to the forefront even when teamed up as one of the good guys. He was every bit a dominant force throughout and as a result it was a near perfect character study for him. Now, the uneven cape really didn't work with that getup he was wearing. If HT ever does get around to do a figure for him, I wonder if I could harass Tony Meis into make a custom cape.

- Wolvie was as solid as he always is. Could do without Singer's money shot of him. :horror Since I absolutely hate the idea of bone claws, I derived special joy upon seeing their return as part of his new timeline. Slightly new shape to them too which was cool. I'm not so sure how I feel about Mystique being directly involved with the new Weapon X story, but as long he gets his adamantium back, I'm totally down. I can't believe how pumped Jackman is now, but his face is finally starting to show significant age and I know a recast can't be that far off now.

- Quicksilver was kind of a mixed bag visually. I really like the effects showing off his power, but the whole Andy Warhol look and silver jacket/goggles costume was still more of a distraction. He was well acted, so I'll take back what I said previously as dreading his appearance. I was also pleasantly surprised they decided on maintaining the paternity of Mags, albeit just a hint. The big scene in the kitchen was really fun to watch, but the use of Jim Croce was kind of out of place for a prankster like this. The Benny Hill theme fits better but then that would have sucked for sure.

As for the ending, well it was as close to a Dallas ending as we're likely to see. Though unlike Dallas, they put in alot of work to get from point B to point A back to point B-2.0. It was awesome to see X3 completely obliterated moving forward but if I'm being honest with myself they need another space/time reality mixer to get the true founding members together all at once. Maybe A-Poc could hook them up. Speaking of which, the end of credits scene came off as rushed and a bit sloppy. Apocalypse is a big deal though and I hope they manage to do him justice.

As for Singer, as great a job as he did with this, I'm totally okay if he never gets near another X-property again. While some of you might be waiting with baited breath over the legal results of his current debacle, I've seen plenty enough to know that the guy is a serious creep. Just like a heterosexual male who makes sure he's always around girls who are "barely eighteen", I wouldn't put it past him not to cross the legal limit. No film is worth the risk of having a borderline NAMBLA member hanging around.

Just finished FC, forgot how good that was.

The 73 scenes from DOFP is a good extension of FC but the future scenes in DOFP holds it back from being as good as FC.

As far as the action goes, I prefer X1/2 action scenes over DOFP, maybe even X3.

Last edited:
As for Singer, as great a job as he did with this, I'm totally okay if he never gets near another X-property again. While some of you might be waiting with baited breath over the legal results of his current debacle, I've seen plenty enough to know that the guy is a serious creep. Just like a heterosexual male who makes sure he's always around girls who are "barely eighteen", I wouldn't put it past him not to cross the legal limit. No film is worth the risk of having a borderline NAMBLA member hanging around.

c23f6c545800519de08237a558c00ef6cdd58af19b80ea4ce7106956fef3c7cc.jpg

Glad you enjoyed it Frank, def. agree, this may have had the Dallas wake up, but Singer earned it, unlike Dallas where it was basically a cop out.

He did, and it's a real shame his personal life has managed to eclipse his professional life for me because otherwise I'd be 100% rooting for him.

Singer will be back, there's plenty of other Hollywood guys out there that are into some bad **** and they aren't blacklisted.

Yea, it already seems like all that mess is dying down, even after bowing out of all X-Men promotion, he's been doing interviews and speaking on Apocalypse. His case should probably be dismissed soon as well, if he doesn't get convicted, then I want him back with X-Men.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Don't know if anybody else bought this up but I felt that when Logan was tossed into the river by magneto it caused a ripple in time but time itself still flowed like beast said. I saw it sorta that way. Wolverine technically didn't save the day but he managed to cause a ripple in which time changed and began flowing differently.

Just finished FC, forgot how good that was.

The 73 scenes from DOFP is a good extension of DC but the future scenes in DOFP holds it back from being as good as FC.

As far as the action goes, I prefer X1/2 action scenes over DOFP, maybe even X3.

I think this is the best X-Men film so far. For me it's not as good as any of the MCU films but it's the top of the charts of the non-MCU films.

The problem with prequels for me is that major incidents that occurred in the prequel are rarely to never mentioned in the first movies that were released.

I think this is the best X-Men film so far. For me it's not as good as any of the MCU films but it's the top of the charts of the non-MCU films.

Really??!

I didn't love DOFP but it is miles better than IM2, IM3, Thor:TDW and Incredible Hulk.

One thing I will say, HJ was an absolute beast in DOFP, even more so than The Wolverine.

I mean, how! What an amazing physique.

Remember this:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    459.5 KB · Views: 131
This is my favorite X-Men movie. I'd say I like it just as much as Iron Man 1 and Cap 2, my two favorite Marvel Studios films. I think it's better than a lot of the Marvel Studios movies like Iron Man 2/3, Thor 2, maybe even Avengers.

Agree 100%...

His claws in DOFP is my favorite look in the series, shame they weren't utilized.

Remember his plastic looking ones in X1:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    260.4 KB · Views: 173
Quick question, SPOILERS!!!!!

Wolverine wakes up far into the future at the end of the film, with the past cast having to deal with Apocalypse in the next film, doesn't the end of DOFP let us know they win already?

Wolverine wakes up far into the future at the end of the film, with the past cast having to deal with Apocalypse in the next film, doesn't the end of DOFP let us know they win already?

:lecture:goodpost:

I guess so. But wouldn't DOFP mean Wolverine isn't gonna be fighting Apoc? I mean he doesn't have his adamantium yet and Apoc is supposed to happen just after the end of DOFP (1973) right? So it seems they wiped out X1,X2 etc. and just created new problems with continuity instead :lol

Back